njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master and Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI

I was Granted permission to hunt this 1835 house. I tried getting on the property 7 years ago,but was not successful. It was owned by a older lady
that was one of the 7 children of a family that settled here in warren county NJ. By the last name Reed. Her only daughter is now handling things.
She came to me out of being curries about what i might find around the yard. Well i started detecting last week and this is what i have found so fare.

Plus : A spoon that belongs to a hotel in Philly Pa. Bellevue Stanford Hotel. It is still in the poses of cleaning. I'm thinking 1900's. Plus sliver colored thimble number 11
and a copper thimble number 10. The spoon is my favorite, but i like the little tinder train car. I still have to do some more cleaning to these items. More to come!

Attachments

• 20220629_124326_HDR[1].jpg
    20220629_124326_HDR[1].jpg
    863.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 20220629_124418_HDR[1].jpg
    20220629_124418_HDR[1].jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220629_124740[1].jpg
    20220629_124740[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220629_124913[1].jpg
    20220629_124913[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • 20220629_124954[1].jpg
    20220629_124954[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • 20220629_125221[1].jpg
    20220629_125221[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
Upvote 24

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is where most people start the search, widen out to areas where a person trying a quick cherry pick of the yard would not have searched. In 1835 the layout of the property was probably utilized quite differently. Old trees that may have provided shade to old timers seating areas have been cut down or died, wells and outhouses were filled, clothelines were put up and taken down...etc etc.

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
Cool finds.
I would take an educated guess and say someone experienced cherry picked that yard already.
That's okay.
There will still be good stuff to find.
It'll be under the junk. 👍

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI

I was Granted permission to hunt this 1835 house. I tried getting on the property 7 years ago,but was not successful. It was owned by a older lady
that was one of the 7 children of a family that settled here in warren county NJ. By the last name Reed. Her only daughter is now handling things.
She came to me out of being curries about what i might find around the yard. Well i started detecting last week and this is what i have found so fare.

Plus : A spoon that belongs to a hotel in Philly Pa. Bellevue Stanford Hotel. It is still in the poses of cleaning. I'm thinking 1900's. Plus sliver colored thimble number 11
and a copper thimble number 10. The spoon is my favorite, but i like the little tinder train car. I still have to do some more cleaning to these items. More to come!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI

great saves from a really cool permission, wtg

OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The mi
That is where most people start the search, widen out to areas where a person trying a quick cherry pick of the yard would not have searched. In 1835 the layout of the property was probably utilized quite differently. Old trees that may have provided shade to old timers seating areas have been cut down or died, wells and outhouses were filled, clothelines were put up and taken down...etc etc.
The majority of my finds have come from the back yard. Where the barn is. And behind the house. That's where most of these item where found. It's possible that some one could have found some silver an wheat cents. I'm not going to give up. There got to be some thing there. I do feel that some people where careful with there money in those day. Money wasn't 100% plentiful, 100 years ago. Just a thought.

OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes
Cool finds.
I would take an educated guess and say someone experienced cherry picked that yard already.
That's okay.
There will still be good stuff to find.
It'll be under the junk. 👍
Yes, your right. I agree I have found some nice things under the junk. I'm not giving up. On it yet.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mi

The majority of my finds have come from the back yard. Where the barn is. And behind the house. That's where most of these item where found. It's possible that some one could have found some silver an wheat cents. I'm not going to give up. There got to be some thing there. I do feel that some people where careful with there money in those day. Money wasn't 100% plentiful, 100 years ago. Just a thought.
Yep, sometimes there just ain't no coins to be found. I once tore a front porch off a 1920 home that was being tore down that week....just to detect under the floor boards of that porch. I had only hand tools and hand saws.....and there was not one red cent under the porch. So yes, it does happen that folks sometimes had nothing to lose.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great assortment of finds- Congrats! GL on your next trip there!

OP
OP
njrelicgairl

njrelicgairl

Jul 1, 2013
warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI

Here's a picture of the house. There was some trees in the front yard I think this picture was taken in late 1800s or early 1900s. Enjoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread