Finds Pouch - Whatcha Using?

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not an accurate assumption, I take all of the trash I dig, 100% of the time. I don’t generally dig a lot of cans but have never ran out of room to carry it all away. Pull tabs, tinfoil, rusty nails and bottle caps are the normal and I always have plenty of room. To each his/her own.
You guys must not be hunting really trashy areas. Either that or you are not carrying out your trash. I don't dig a lot of cans but I still dig some. I can't imagine trying to put cans in a fishing vest or nail apron. Do you also carry a trash bag or do you just not carry them out?

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try looking in the local Thrift stores, you get lucky sometimes. I have found pouches and toolbelts that work great for detecting for only $3 to $10. I just found an amazing heavy duty water pouch for $6.00 original price was over $70.00.
Not to mention a couple nice fishing vests.

Last edited:

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Not an accurate assumption, I take all of the trash I dig, 100% of the time. I don’t generally dig a lot of cans but have never ran out of room to carry it all away. Pull tabs, tinfoil, rusty nails and bottle caps are the normal and I always have plenty of room. To each his/her own.

Axe heads, hoes, shovels, log chains, horse shoes, before long you'll need a pack mule.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
USA will be soon issuing to all American citizens as part of new stimulus package.

They are already standard issue in the People’s Republic of Connecticut.
dts

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm using the one that came with my detector but it's small and wearing out. Bob got this one online and really likes it so far. It would be nice to design the perfect one as they all have that one thing you wish it had.
20210919_185740.jpg

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a double pocketed pouch just like the one I use for Trap Shooting. They are made to hold a box of shotgun shells and a section for the empty shells. I use one pocket for good finds and one for trash items. I also carry a plastic bucket in my truck to hold more trash. I have used this setup for nearly thirty years. When nugget hunting I use an old Copenhagen can for any nuggets.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As you see in my earlier reply to this, I discuss my gear, but going
more streamlined and efficient is the goal, right...?
Well I just have room for a lot of extra stuff, food and extra water.
I'm used to carrying such weight all the time, as it keeps me in shape...!

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’m using a small pouch like the Xp finds. Pouch or a cheap Chinese alternative, plus a Whites MX Sport bag which is thin water resistant, large with a zippered front and pull string closing back pouch. This I use for finds ( one for keepers one for trash ) and the other pouch for personal gear and pin pointer. Light and holds a lot. The Gray Ghost catch all is a nice one too

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am mainly a coin shooter and mostly use a nail apron, trash on the left, treasure on the right. If I am relic hunting or hunting the fields I use a standard finds pouch

1817ae14-243c-4ddc-bff2-e86c4fa49aea_400_compressed.jpg
finds pouch.jpg

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule pouch. I have used it for over five years and every stitch and zipper is as good as the day it was bought.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have been using a fly fishing vest for many years, but have been giving some thoughts to picking up a different finds pouch like the Omega Mills ,or the pack mule i also really like the looks of the Shrxy pouches

the fly fishing vest i use has several pockets for differnt things to go in and D rings to attach a lanyard for the pin pointer and I added my pin pointer pouch to it it has worked great for me it even has a pouch in the back so you can carry a water blatter if you want to

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions