Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN2318.JPG DSCN2315.JPG DSCN2317.JPG DSCN2107.JPG DSCN2108.JPG

Finished a batch of sterling bracelets. First three pics are finished pieces, last two show them blanked and hammered out, stamped and annealed for final bending and hammering. All forged from square, round, triangular, and half round sterling wire stock near 1/4" wide or thick. Made in a variety of sizes to fit different wrists. Nice heavy, simple yet elegant bracelets. All were shipped off to a store upon completion.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking...👍

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am getting into rings made from coins. And I need a workbench. The jewelers kind. And have a Minelad detectoe with GOLD coil to trade +/-. Know anyone? Beautiful work.. :P
BB

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had skill to do stuff like that its frustrating

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any for sale ???
The thread is 6 years old and there must always be a charter member involved in every sale either as a buyer or a seller.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a charter member
Sorry, I wasn't implying you weren't a CM, I was pointing out thread was 6 years old and the CM comment is reminder for all members as many non-charter members try to buy or sell without a CM involved.

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, it's an old post and I'm and old guy who still pounds the metal once in a while. Doug, drop me PM if you like.

TH you know I only show my work sometimes, never advertise it for sale here. Happily every piece in the photos here were sold through the store that represents my work. Bracelets like these do not sell well except in person since each one will only fit a given wrist and need to fit properly so I don't sell online or through the mail on such items anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, it's an old post and I'm and old guy who still pounds the metal once in a while. Doug, drop me PM if you like.

TH you know I only show my work sometimes, never advertise it for sale here. Happily every piece in the photos here were sold through the store that represents my work. Bracelets like these do not sell well except in person since each one will only fit a given wrist and need to fit properly so I don't sell online or through the mail on such items anyways.
Sir I know, we are fine.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1184511 View attachment 1184502 View attachment 1184503 View attachment 1184505 View attachment 1184506

Finished a batch of sterling bracelets. First three pics are finished pieces, last two show them blanked and hammered out, stamped and annealed for final bending and hammering. All forged from square, round, triangular, and half round sterling wire stock near 1/4" wide or thick. Made in a variety of sizes to fit different wrists. Nice heavy, simple yet elegant bracelets. All were shipped off to a store upon completion.
You using/used a mandrel or the cool bending tool to shape em? The bending tool is awesome for flat stock. Definitely a gotta (gotta have it).

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Boogey, I use a couple mandrels to get the proper shape and hammer them to shape with a rawhide mallet with a piece of thick stiff shoe sole leather glued to it. The rawhide itself will mar the annealed blanks so I glued on shoe leather on one end and can bang pretty hard without marring the metal. I have seen a hydraulic bracelet bending/forming machine at Rio Grande but it is several thousand dollars. I would love to have one, bending/forming these with a hammer is hard work, especially on the 1/4" thick full round and square wire. My older wrists really don't like the shock of the hammer and I was pretty sore after making that batch, I have been looking at small hydraulic presses trying to figure out how to make one like the Rio machine at a fraction of the cost since I don't produce enough to justify a several thousand dollars in equipment. I made a good size batch last spring and will make another batch in a couple months but the silver for the last batch cost twice what the metal cost for those in this thread. I think the machine Rio sells is a Bonny Doon? Is that what you refer to? Do you have one or have used one?

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Boogey, I use a couple mandrels to get the proper shape and hammer them to shape with a rawhide mallet with a piece of thick stiff shoe sole leather glued to it. The rawhide itself will mar the annealed blanks so I glued on shoe leather on one end and can bang pretty hard without marring the metal. I have seen a hydraulic bracelet bending/forming machine at Rio Grande but it is several thousand dollars. I would love to have one, bending/forming these with a hammer is hard work, especially on the 1/4" thick full round and square wire. My older wrists really don't like the shock of the hammer and I was pretty sore after making that batch, I have been looking at small hydraulic presses trying to figure out how to make one like the Rio machine at a fraction of the cost since I don't produce enough to justify a several thousand dollars in equipment. I made a good size batch last spring and will make another batch in a couple months but the silver for the last batch cost twice what the metal cost for those in this thread. I think the machine Rio sells is a Bonny Doon? Is that what you refer to? Do you have one or have used one?
Like you, it's beyond the depth of my pocket. Hoping the Chinese will do a knock off. They've got $159 leather stitching machines that do as good as my friends $1200+ machine. Got more leather projects to finish
Again, darned nice work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread