First Barber Quarter, 1893 O mint mark

gklug

Jul 22, 2014
Wilkes-Barre
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro with 8.5x11 DD stock coil, 5x8 DD and NEL Storm coil. Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was able to meet up with a buddy today and get some swingin' in. I was fortunate enough to be able to find a bucket lister; Barber Quarter-1893 O mint mark. Great day out!!!! :icon_thumright:

Barber Quarter.jpg Barber Quarter2.jpg

Upvote 13
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the big silver find! :occasion14:

OP
OP
gklug

gklug

Jul 22, 2014
Wilkes-Barre
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro with 8.5x11 DD stock coil, 5x8 DD and NEL Storm coil. Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Murray8144

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the quarter!
I as well tried to get out today, mostly because i want to get used to the big Storm coil that my dad got for me. Everything was frozen where i was at today, managable i guess, as i could dig, but i didnt have a single plug i could be proud of, expecially from the amount of time i put in just getting the plug started.... Few more weeks... Guess i should have gone north a little!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gklug

gklug

Jul 22, 2014
Wilkes-Barre
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the quarter!
I as well tried to get out today, mostly because i want to get used to the big Storm coil that my dad got for me. Everything was frozen where i was at today, managable i guess, as i could dig, but i didnt have a single plug i could be proud of, expecially from the amount of time i put in just getting the plug started.... Few more weeks... Guess i should have gone north a little!!! :thumbsup:

First really nice day since someone left the freezer door open outside last weekend. Tried to stay in the wooded areas today where the ground seems to be much softer under the leaves. Still a little hard though in the open areas.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love that in my collection Great find seems so many buttons were lost in the old days almost see one in every post just funny Good Job!!!!

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about the woods, but i dont have much of any sites in the woods anywhere unfortunately. I actually thought that i could also do some shed hunting while in the woods, but then i just didnt want to do much more after the dozen or so holes i dug through the Pa Permafrost...

OP
OP
gklug

gklug

Jul 22, 2014
Wilkes-Barre
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love that in my collection Great find seems so many buttons were lost in the old days almost see one in every post just funny Good Job!!!!

Funny you say that A2coins. I also found six metal buttons today. They have Astor 24 on the backs. Some still have the green thread attached. Not sure how old they are but I have found military dress buttons in that same general area as the Barber.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Sweet

It's a thrill to find them

HH Jer

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Barber Quarter! And 1800's from New Orleans too!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find greg, I've found plenty of barber dimes, even 1 barber half. That barber quarter eludes me still

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread