First class ring, and a good day turned bad...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
Hope you all are doing ok. It's been awhile since I've posted any finds. I haven't been getting out much and when I did it was usually over to the cache site which is nearby. I have really cleaned that place out over the last few years and I'm not finding much of any thing there so... I went to hit a local school yard yesterday, just for a change of pace, and managed to find my first class ring. It's not much to look at as it has been crushed pretty good but at least it's gold. ;D
10k_class_ring_1.jpg

It has a the name of a school, as well as someone else name, I think.. It got pretty well torn up in all the wrong place... I think it's from Lawrence Central High School and the name on it is Shanon but it's really hard to make out most of it... Only markings I can read well
are the "Hj 10k on the inside and " 1995". It has a small stone off to one side but the center stone is missing. I sifted through the dirt for a few to try and find it with no such luck...

Also recovered a total of 49 cents then ran across another small blip of a "Foil" signal like the ring was giving me and broke yet another digging knife over a piece of foil. >:( :'( ;D I think I might have to brake down and get me a Leshe. I'm simply way to hard on diggers...

The knife in the photo was already a backup I was using because of the last digger I had broken... This one was knife No. 4
clad_knife.jpg

Anyway,, it was good to get back out and actually find something other than square nails and pop tops.
Hope you all have had some luck and happy hunting~ Leon...

Oops also found a large, aluminum, hoop style earring...

Upvote 0

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
anytime u can dig a class ring it is cool..... found my first just a few weeks ago...... if you cant track down the owner(try the yearbook for '95 and contactthe school... or try classmates.com) you can always sell the gold.. although it wont bring much.......

great digs!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, might be time to swap to a Lesche, Leon. :-\ But..congrats on that first class ring!! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks for the comments all,,,
I definitely need to get a new digger and I might as well try the Leshe...
I know a guy that has one and it started out with a about a 6" long blade but he's worn it down to a small nub,,, it's only about 3" long now, but he hasn't broken yet...
Also,, I have no luck online finding any info about the ring,,, I might try to contact the school,, but I doubt the owner would actualy want it back anyway,,, it might brake their heart to see it...
Good luck all, & Hapopy hunting~

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Please do get yourself a real digger. Using a knife like that it's really easy to hurt yourself, that knife is not made for digging. While it won't take off your finger, it could give you a mighty bloody gash. Congrats on the ring... was it in gravel or a street? I wonder how it got so trashed.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Nice class ring. To bad the mower monster found it before you.... ::). Nice digs.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 292
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 286

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions