First coin finds since 1979

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
For the 1st time, I took the New Ace 250 off the homestead to the local park. I set up near an area where people would sit on logs to watch tennis or their kids on the playground.
I set the sensitivity way down because of rocky-dry soil (hard to dig and probe) and I wanted to score my first coins without having to dig deep. But fear not, that will change soon.
It worked. I got 4 cents and 1 dime. Oldest cent is 1966 and the dime is 1965. Too bad it wasn’t a year older-silver.

Thanks TerryC
Tokameel

Upvote 1

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! that's a long dry spell. Welcome back!

WillFindItYet

Jun 15, 2012
Knoxville,TN
Primary Interest:
Other
For the 1st time, I took the New Ace 250 off the homestead to the local park. I set up near an area where people would sit on logs to watch tennis or their kids on the playground.
I set the sensitivity way down because of rocky-dry soil (hard to dig and probe) and I wanted to score my first coins without having to dig deep. But fear not, that will change soon.
It worked. I got 4 cents and 1 dime. Oldest cent is 1966 and the dime is 1965. Too bad it wasn’t a year older-silver.

Thanks TerryC
Tokameel

I had my own dry spell for about 2 yrs & missed it & now here we go again,LoL Ya just never know what will turn up, it's almost like rolls of Christmas isn't it? :occasion14:

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back and better get used to the 1965 coins because it sure seems like there are a lot of them , wish I had a dollar for every time I said if only a year older:BangHead::BangHead: . Good luck and Good Hunting....

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
glad your back man. enjoy your old hobby. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions