First coin roll hunt ever YIELDS SILVER!!!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20190125_162422.jpg 20190125_162406.jpg

*oFISHally hooked*
My first ever coin roll hunt gave me this nice silver '67! Brought home 10 rolls and about 5 were really old rolls so I opened them first. On my third roll I got this guy. Definitely gonna start huntin' the dimes again as soon as I can.

Upvote 18

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Is it the '17 commemorative?

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting "Hooked"!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Mygirl!!!!Well done

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice coin...Good Luck on future rolls! :occasion14:

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then I guess I should take up coin roll hunting in the summer months! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your 1st venture into coin roll hunting.........got the bug?
And, don't forget, there are many more banks out there!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Have you/do you coin roll hunt? If so... have you had much luck?
Yes it takes work but it can be fun.. Look also at your bills for odd or low serial numbers or star bills which are stars at the end of serial numbers on bills they used these if the bill had an error they would do a run of star bills to keep the serial number sequence going. Google star bills . Also ebay. Tommy

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
So you are going to the bank and asking for rolls of dimes, is that it? Any bank?

In the late 70s I used to get bags of nickels from a bank down the road from where I lived in st. Louis at the time. I would be carting that dang bag down the road. Heavy.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! :icon_thumleft: Years ago I was coin roll hunting a lot. Used to buy boxes of halves, dimes, and nickels. Found a lot of silver! Now I coin roll hunt once in a while. Last time was a couple months ago and I only found a couple silver dimes. Keep on hunting Mvgirl!

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you are going to the bank and asking for rolls of dimes, is that it? Any bank?

In the late 70s I used to get bags of nickels from a bank down the road from where I lived in st. Louis at the time. I would be carting that dang bag down the road. Heavy.

Yes. The cashier was like, "Ten rolls? That will fifty dollars...?" Looked at me like, you really want 50 dollars in dimes?! I said yes. She hot them out and asked why I wanted so many dimes. I said I look for old ones. She was like, "Oh... ok..." I think she thinks I'm weird but that's ok!!! I hope I get her next time when I ask for $100 dollars worth!!!:evil6:

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it takes work but it can be fun.. Look also at your bills for odd or low serial numbers or star bills which are stars at the end of serial numbers on bills they used these if the bill had an error they would do a run of star bills to keep the serial number sequence going. Google star bills . Also ebay. Tommy

Tommy... I don't bother looking for error coins or bills. For me it's a wast of my time. What are the chances anyway? I got out coin books from the library a long time ago... all I found out from the hrs. I look up coins was that they were worth anything. (Except for the silver ones) Then you find a coin that might be worth lots but the error on the coin needs a microscope to find its so tiny. Very bewildering too, those books are monsters!!! The other day I happend to find a clipped coin so I looked it up and put it on tnet and they say it's worth about 4 bucks. But that defect was ovious, most aren't or there would be no errors left.
By the way I sent you a pm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread