NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks,

I found this 14pt yellow yesterday at the Crater of Diamonds in Arkansas. Found while wet sifting in the first few hours of the day. The park only averages around 1 find per day out of hundreds of visitors, so I was pretty stoked. The plan is to have it set in a ring made out of the gold I found earlier this year in AZ.

Thanks for looking,
NZ49er
20220420_092353.jpg
12 pt. yellow.jpg

Upvote 33

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy folks,

I found this 14pt yellow yesterday at the Crater of Diamonds in Arkansas. Found while wet sifting in the first few hours of the day. The park only averages around 1 find per day out of hundreds of visitors, so I was pretty stoked. The plan is to have it set in a ring made out of the gold I found earlier this year in AZ.

Thanks for looking,
NZ49er View attachment 2022267 View attachment 2022268
that is very cool. bring my new diamond ring when you are in town :)

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to see it when it's set...looks like there are alot of different colors of stone or gems there? I imagine they must have rules what and how much can be carried out...but it sounds fun...from the picture it looks more clear than yellow but I'm no expert... congratulations 👍

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks,

Thanks for looking,
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stopped there for a day a good many years back while on vacation. Me and my daughter dug and sifted while my wife complained that it was boring. Didn't find anything, but had a decent amount of fun

OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to see it when it's set...looks like there are alot of different colors of stone or gems there? I imagine they must have rules what and how much can be carried out...but it sounds fun...from the picture it looks more clear than yellow but I'm no expert... congratulations 👍
They say there are white, brown, and yellow diamonds. Yellow is the rarest color. You are allowed to take one 5 gallon bucket of gravels out per day. I've been hard at it for the last 4 days, but haven't found another one yet! A lady did find a .86 carat yesterday, though.

Thanks for looking,
-Nz49er

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks,

Thanks for looking,
Thats cool and I vote banner....congrats on a very rare American diamond !!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a place I wanna visit some day. Thanks for the hope on when and if I ever do go there I just might get lucky.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say there are white, brown, and yellow diamonds. Yellow is the rarest color. You are allowed to take one 5 gallon bucket of gravels out per day. I've been hard at it for the last 4 days, but haven't found another one yet! A lady did find a .86 carat yesterday, though.

Thanks for looking,
-Nz49er
That sounds fun...do you bring any magnifying glasses for that kind of thing?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions