First evening out with my new Deus 2

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a couple hours with the Deus 2 for the first time this evening. Got a few keepers and definitely dug some nails but was calling them within an hour. I used factory settings in relic and deep HC programs. Coins are 2 1906 indians, 1919 wheat penny and 1906 barber dime.
KIMG2193.JPG

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the pointy bullet. That is different. Is it carved like that or made like that?

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the pointy bullet. That is different. Is it carved like that or made like that?
It looks to be carved some to me. But I had another person ID the bullet as a rare bullet made for a
confederate militia...? First one ive found like that. This area usually produces musket balls, sharps bullets and colt pistol bullets.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't look like a bullet to me......more like a tip to a staff or small wooden flag pole.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Solid hunt, well done.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't look like a bullet to me......more like a tip to a staff or small wooden flag pole.
Here's a good example of one that hasn't been widdled on like mine.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1655166362916.jpg
    FB_IMG_1655166362916.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 31

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds for the first time out with the Deus II!

VaGent

Apr 20, 2021
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently Deus XP, also have 2 Minelab Explorer XS as backups.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That bullet is what used to be referred to as either a Garibaldi or a Carcano; it was assumed that these .69 caliber bullets were imported along with some of the various outdated European arms. Recent eveidence has proven that they were made for Confederate forces in Raliegh, North Carolina, at the N.C. Institute for the Deaf & Dumb and the Blind. There are a few varieties, and they are all fairly rare and worth a bit. In 40+ years of digging, I have only found 3 or 4. https://tennesseelead.com/products/...-raleigh-pattern-north-carolina-troops-bullet

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Do you think you will like the D2 ?

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Do you think you will like the D2 ?
After several good hunts, several not so good hunts and a whole lot of digging i can honestly say that the Deus 2 is probably already my favorite machine i have owned. The machine is so light and balanced that a kid can swing it easy, it has great power/depth especially for a 9" coil! It has plenty of factory programs for just about any situation or user preference....ofcourse the recovery speed is amazing.... and i like the way it collapses down quickly for transport with no wires or cables. The Target ID at depth is very good also....you will get the iron that falses some, as with any machine, but really good over all TID. IT is an expensive detector at $1600....but if the money isnt an issue id say grab one!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After several good hunts, several not so good hunts and a whole lot of digging i can honestly say that the Deus 2 is probably already my favorite machine i have owned. The machine is so light and balanced that a kid can swing it easy, it has great power/depth especially for a 9" coil! It has plenty of factory programs for just about any situation or user preference....ofcourse the recovery speed is amazing.... and i like the way it collapses down quickly for transport with no wires or cables. The Target ID at depth is very good also....you will get the iron that falses some, as with any machine, but really good over all TID. IT is an expensive detector at $1600....but if the money isnt an issue id say grab one!
Nice report DiggerinVA thanks . I got a signal yesterday and asked the guy i was detecting with shing his AT Pro with a large coil over it. He could not get a good signal and told me it was probably jum=nk and would not dig it. My Deus 12 numbers were 61 to 62
We dug it about 8 inches deep was a 1957 nickle. He was amazed I was SMILING :) LOL I am liking the 2 a lot better
I am also using the X Y Screen

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice first time out! Every time I use mine impresses me that much more. All my old sites are new again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread