First finds – trash, 42 cents, and I performed a community service!

wolfmanjoe3

Dec 28, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I am finally getting around to posting the results of my first day out with my DFX. The last time I tried posting this it took me the better part of an hour to write it up and then I lost everything when the pic was too big and I got an error message. This time I’m keeping it short, writing it in MS Word, saving it, then copying and pasting it in TNet.

About 6 weeks ago I visited family in Phoenix and chose a city park to try out the new MD. Two nice ladies in the visitor center at the Indian School Park in Scottsdale said it was OK to use my metal detector in the park – they seemed excited to see what I would find.

I started out in the kiddie lot sand. Found my first pull tab and my first coin – a dime, soon followed by a few pennies and a nickel. Then I moved over to the four sand volleyball courts with hopes of finding a misplaced ring or handful of coins. More pull tabs and a few coins, but nothing exciting.

The thing I felt best about was digging up a half dozen nails from the volleyball court. Imagine some barefoot volleyball player jumping on one of those! They are double-headed nails from the forms removed from a new sidewalk nearby. Lazy (or mean) construction workers just threw them in the sand for an unsuspecting volleyball player to get ‘nailed’ by. I did my community service by cleaning up the park and walked away with my first 42 cents in clad.

FirstFinds1-2007.jpg

Since this happened more than a month ago, it is a little late to post in "today's finds" but better late than never...

Joe

Upvote 0

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
WTG Wolfman.....Keep the parks clean and safe.
From the looks of your finds, the good stuff just didnt fall under your coil.....keep diggin it all.....The other Joe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wolfmanjoe3 said:
I am finally getting around to posting the results of my first day out with my DFX. The last time I tried posting this it took me the better part of an hour to write it up and then I lost everything when the pic was too big and I got an error message. This time I’m keeping it short, writing it in MS Word, saving it, then copying and pasting it in TNet.

Been there...done that! :-X You could just type it here and copy, then if you have to start over just paste it back on. :)

Welcome to Tnet and congrats on your finds.....

Nana :)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Wolfman. Maybe those were toe nails in the sand? ;)
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread