Upvote 0

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!!! $522.00+ at todays price. Last year I was at a tag sale and they had a few necklaces, one was pretty hefty and I could see What I thought was either 10k or 18k with the bare eye. I paid $4.00, drove a half mile to my friend who has a coin shop and buys gold and got $240.00. Made $236.00 in about ten minutes!! Good going! Rich.

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks rich! I plan on adding gold for my things to look for while garage sale shopping ;D. That was the easiest $510 I ever made. I plan on keeping it, just was hoping for a guess on how much a reputable place would pay me?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: Any chance you have a pic of it? We hit thrift shops all the time, and hope to get lucky one day too!!!! :icon_thumright: Red :hello:

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
TCOZY13 said:
Thanks rich! I plan on adding gold for my things to look for while garage sale shopping ;D. That was the easiest $510 I ever made. I plan on keeping it, just was hoping for a guess on how much a reputable place would pay me?

I Try to at least get close to scrap value when selling it or around 90%. Most places will try and give you maybe half of what its scrap worth. I wouldn't mention what you paid for it either. They will try to make an even lower offer because they just can't stand it when other people actually make money on gold silver etc besides them.

SouthJerseyRyan

Jul 15, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 (10x14 Excelerator Coil) Garrett Pro-Pointer
It's a good thing you aren't trying to find bargins in my local thrift shop, they are overpriced and picked over!!! :dontknow:

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea Ill upload a picture when I can. And thanks for the advice on selling, %90 would be pretty good. Now I just have to find more ;D

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
beter have it tested.. I have had a huge chain that was marked 14K Italy.. and was fake... another hunter here in ohio found a similiar chain marked 14k and it was fake.. have it acid tested

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here it is

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 1,013

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Excellent score young man, but I have to ask - have you acid tested this piece or hit it with a magnet? The pic looks a little bit too "shimmery" for 14K.

And I'm not trying to crap on your find. I'm not "that guy". I'm happy for you that you were able to find such an item if it is indeed real. I just don't want you to eBay the thing and have to pass out a refund to a disgruntled buyer.

I never trust hallmarks. The reason is that I see stuff with marks like "14K" all the time that turns out to be totally fake. You wouldn't believe the amount of bogus stuff out there that is marked as real.

Again, I hope it turns out to be authentic and you realize a very nice profit, but I would check it thoroughly before flipping it.

Good luck to you young man.

Hombre

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be leary of that Figaro marked 14k, never assume because it's marked it's real. I have the same necklace, clearly marked 14k and it is as fake as the day is long. I could tell without testing, just by the color and weight alone. Once tested, my assumptions were dead on. It was in a box of jewelry I purchased at an estate sale.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
found a 14 k italy marked necklace while metal detecting at the beach a while back ---sadly turned out it was bogus -plated only

OP
OP
TCOZY13

TCOZY13

Aug 10, 2011
OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will test it....could be too good :/...hopefully its still gold plated on silver like the tag said

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread