Greenie
Oct 21, 2010
Berkeley Springs , WV
Detector(s) used
Now . Equinox 800 , Fisher CZ6a
Past . AT Pro , Whites Coinmaster , Ace 250 , Bounty hunter pioneer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been lurking on this site for long while now and never had anything worth posting . We vacationed at Virginia Beach again this year and I was determined to find something good . 4 out of 7 days go by with nothing to show but clad n tabs . All the while im watching other detectorists dig hole after hole out in the trough with their fancy waterproof detectors
happysmiley.png
while im stuck with old faithful on dry sand . Then it happens . I get a solid nickle signal not the broken beep that ends up being a pull tab . I reach in the hole and holy cow that doesnt feel like a nickle . I pull out this 10K gold ring and the feeling is awesome . I know its only one 10K gold ring with a stone missing but its mine and it was earned . My right arm is much larger than my left . I have blisters on my forearm and some family members think im a geek .
I like beach detecting and can't wait until next year . Until then it's back to dirt fishing for concertina reeds and broken pocket watches .
p.s. What can I do about the arm thing .

Attachments

• beach7.jpg
    beach7.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 165
  • beach5.jpg
    beach5.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 176
  • beach2.jpg
    beach2.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 202
  • CAM00152.jpg
    CAM00152.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 1

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
LOVELY GOLD RING! :icon_thumleft: :occasion18: :occasion16: It took me about 2 years to dig my first gold & like yours, it was a delightful gold ring dug on a beach! Extra cool that you dug yours on a beach you only visit briefly! HAVE FUN! Andi

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet ring! Yes you did earn it! :thumbsup:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWEET! Congrats on your first piece of Beach Gold!!! :headbang:

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find! Glad you got your first gold. Is the blister from the arm rest? If so maybe an ace bandage or arm brace might help. Or if it's a chafing kind of thing try this powder called anti monkey butt(I know lol) found in sporting goods stores or go to the feminine goods aisle and get monistat anti chafing gel(I know, again lol) good luck, hope these work for you. HH :)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ring.gif
Congrat's on your first ring (and super having your family around as well) grimysmurf. Thanks for sharing...

Im2stoked

Jan 23, 2013
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Excal II
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use cheap gardening gloves and that cut down on the hand blisters completely. If your arm is killing you it might be because you haven't built up strength there yet. Try switching arms when you swing for a few minutes. I bought a neck strap and it allows me to let it hang a little on it, takes some of the weight off. its great because I can let the detector go and look through the scoop and not try to balance it on my hip or bend down to the floor

blademaker

Jul 29, 2013
Santa Fe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a scoop that weighs the same amount as your detector so that your arms get an equal workout. LOL.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great ring. congrats! as far as one arm being bigger than the other..... get another detector for the other arm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread