Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm back from the dead - stupid job has been making me work and the lovely life has been insisting I finish the two cars I have torn apart, lowering our property values. But my boy and I occasionally have been sneaking away to an elementary school near us for a quick hunt. It's never been touched from what I can see and it's always good for several coins, which keeps my son coming back. But the other night, we found this dinky little ring, which made us happy as-is, but then we brought it home only to find out it was gold! 10K, to be sure, and still pretty dinky, but it was thrilling nonetheless. And finding it with my boy made it extra-special...and a bonus is that "A" is the initial of his first name!

IMG_3448.jpg

Upvote 29

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm back from the dead - stupid job has been making me work and the lovely life has been insisting I finish the two cars I have torn apart, lowering our property values. But my boy and I occasionally have been sneaking away to an elementary school near us for a quick hunt. It's never been touched from what I can see and it's always good for several coins, which keeps my son coming back. But the other night, we found this dinky little ring, which made us happy as-is, but then we brought it home only to find out it was gold! 10K, to be sure, and still pretty dinky, but it was thrilling nonetheless. And finding it with my boy made it extra-special...and a bonus is that "A" is the initial of his first name!

View attachment 1989453
Congrats, always nice bringing in a little gold. I've got years and years of metal detecting and only have two gold rings under my belt. I hope you have many more to come.

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the design on the side. Work cut back my detecting time this year as well but I think it makes me more focused when I do get out. I got more jewelry and rings than last year but not even half the time out.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice find indeed.

RichsEquinox

Jan 20, 2021
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold ring, congrats! Extra special finding it with your son, and the bonus of have it be his first initial. So he will be wearing it and always be thinking of that day with you. Extra special…

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1989453
great find, so cool that you hunt with your son, Love that

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats....glad you could share that experience with your boy !! Awsome memory made !!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good teamwork and congratulations on your beautiful recovery

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1989453
Sweet Yellow Nectar!!!! Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread