Greenie
Nov 8, 2019
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today, I had my first "hired" find. I say hired loosely, as there was no payment of any kind discussed or expected. It's more like I was asked if I would help and I did. A lady my uncle knows dropped the key to her shed in her yard. My uncle asked me to bring my detector and see if I could find it. After 10-15 minutes of hunting, I found the little bugger. It was a small Masterlock key and it was the color of an old penny. Felt good to find something for someone else.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, I had my first "hired" find. I say hired loosely, as there was no payment of any kind discussed or expected. It's more like I was asked if I would help and I did. A lady my uncle knows dropped the key to her shed in her yard. My uncle asked me to bring my detector and see if I could find it. After 10-15 minutes of hunting, I found the little bugger. It was a small Masterlock key and it was the color of an old penny. Felt good to find something for someone else.
Good work

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done a fair amount of that underwater, mostly paid, but may favours for friends, family etc. All of my searching has been done by sight &/or touch. I really should buy an u/w metal detector. I was hired once to find a family heirloom engagement ring, valued at 25g's at the time. It was lost in the polluted, no-visibility waters of a marina. Myself and another diver set up a grid and searched by touch for 5 hours with no luck ( regrettably, 3 divers had been in before us & stirred the bottom up pretty bad ). We had to leave, so the owner hired a chap who used a metal detector. He searched for 50 hours, so I'm told, before finding the ring. Good on him to show such patience!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Bond congratulations on a job well done !! and trust me it GETS BETTER :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread