Upvote 24

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn’t wait until the weekend and was able to get one hour in at a modern park down the road. Plan to spend half a day at an old park this weekend and start going for deeper old targets but so far am impressed with the machine. (The rings are plated)

Park mode, multi freq 1
I've heard good things about this machine looks like it works well

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm learning more about the Legend with every hunt. Great finds!:hello2:

OP
OP
Clad Crusader

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was going back and forth between this and the Deus 2 and at least for my purposes this was the better option. Target ID is dead on for at least shallow targets to the point I know it’s a penny or dime. Over an hour only dug one pull tab but that was in a tot lot and was digging it all.
Thanks. Especially enjoyed flipping on the LED headlight finding my way back to the car at sundown.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn’t wait until the weekend and was able to get one hour in at a modern park down the road. Plan to spend half a day at an old park this weekend and start going for deeper old targets but so far am impressed with the machine. (The rings are plated)

Park mode, multi freq 1
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Clad Crusader

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds how did you learn the Legend ?
I mean honestly you just kind of fire it up and go. The preset park programs seem very intuitive. I suspect when tinkering with field mode at old home sites and playing with recovery speed and such it might take a little more learning. But the tones are just so crisp and distinct in park mode that you pretty much know what it is coin wise before you dig it. I watch some of Paystreak Superfreaks live dig vids on YouTube as well; helped to learn the tones.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mean honestly you just kind of fire it up and go. The preset park programs seem very intuitive. I suspect when tinkering with field mode at old home sites and playing with recovery speed and such it might take a little more learning. But the tones are just so crisp and distinct in park mode that you pretty much know what it is coin wise before you dig it. I watch some of Paystreak Superfreaks live dig vids on YouTube as well; helped to learn the tones.
Thanks for the reply CC

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Park mode, multi freq 1
Just curious, what year was the wheatback? You've got quite a haul there...

jhanson

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2022
It's great to see these results, as I've had nothing but frustration with my Legend copy. It's useless in Park mode, constantly chattering and falsing unless sensitivity is turned down to nearly zero. Field mode seems to work ok, so it appears to be either a software or hardware issue. New firmware was released today, so I'll update and hope that solves the problem.

OP
OP
Clad Crusader

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's great to see these results, as I've had nothing but frustration with my Legend copy. It's useless in Park mode, constantly chattering and falsing unless sensitivity is turned down to nearly zero. Field mode seems to work ok, so it appears to be either a software or hardware issue. New firmware was released today, so I'll update and hope that solves the problem.
Dang sorry to hear. I have my sensitivity full at 30 and it’s silent. Have you played with the silencer function and frequency shift?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me welcome you to Tnet I see this is your first posting. Have you tried looking at youtube for settings and adjustments on the legend ?

jhanson

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2022
Let me welcome you to Tnet I see this is your first posting. Have you tried looking at youtube for settings and adjustments on the legend ?
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I've checked YouTube and found at least one other person reporting a similar issue. I'm relatively new back to the hobby, but have some previous experience and have a CTX 3030 that I'm doing quite well with. Not meaning my first post to be a bash on the Legend, as it is a well built machine at a good price point and seems pretty user friendly. I'm sure I'll get if figured out.

OP
OP
Clad Crusader

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the suggestion, I have not tried shifting frequencies. Will give that a try, as well as firmware update!
I’m no pro and sounds like you know what ur doing but just wondering that maybe the electrical interference in your park/area might make the multifrequency modes run wild. Might try switching to a low single frequency while in park of ur going after coins. Who knows, just ideas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread