First hunt for me

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first official hunt. Property dates back to the 1700s. The originally house was supposedly burnt down by the revolutionary war. Not sure which side did it. I started at the spot where I was told the original house was but didn’t get a signal. Gridded out the first half of the property and found the items below. They were all found by themselves. No other signals around. Any ideas on what they are?

Attachments

• 2C00537D-2860-4AF9-9C37-8B5ED3207AD8.jpeg
    2C00537D-2860-4AF9-9C37-8B5ED3207AD8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 200
  • A4D420D8-A6BD-4427-B247-7223D0D91B49.jpeg
    A4D420D8-A6BD-4427-B247-7223D0D91B49.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 99
Upvote 6

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first official hunt. Property dates back to the 1700s. The originally house was supposedly burnt down by the revolutionary war. Not sure which side did it. I started at the spot where I was told the original house was but didn’t get a signal. Gridded out the first half of the property and found the items below. They were all found by themselves. No other signals around. Any ideas on what they are?
One idea is that triangular thing might be a cutting tooth to some grain harvester. You likely have cross-century contamination, which can be good!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a great property to hunt. What detector are you using? Swing super slow and focus on any tight, small-ish, high tone signals. I'm willing to bet that there are some old coins mixed in with that big iron. Let us know how you make out.

OP
OP
B

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great property to hunt. What detector are you using? Swing super slow and focus on any tight, small-ish, high tone signals. I'm willing to bet that there are some old coins mixed in with that big iron. Let us know how you make out.
Thanks for the tips! Equinox 600. Still getting used to it. I dug a ton of pull tabs, old beer cans, and aluminum foil.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The middle item pictured looks like it could be the end nose cap for a musket. This would be located under the barrel of the musket at the end of the wood. The rifle bands or musket bands would then secure the barrel to the wood of the musket. This is what it looks like to me. Nice saves. Congrat's

OP
OP
B

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The middle item pictured looks like it could be the end nose cap for a musket. This would be located under the barrel of the musket at the end of the wood. The rifle bands or musket bands would then secure the barrel to the wood of the musket. This is what it looks like to me. Nice saves. Congrat's
Pretty good call there. I need to get some dimensions on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread