First Hunt in My New Area Nets Gold and Silver!

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We bought a house in Boulder City to escape the long and snowy winters up north. We spent the last week here getting furniture and setting things up so when we head back down at the end of next month it'll be all ready to go.
Well, all work and no play...you know, so yesterday morning I grabbed my detector and headed towards Las Vegas (no park md'ing allowed in Boulder City). Not knowing what to expect I didn't get my hopes up. I figured with 2.5 million people that there are probably very many detecting the parks.
I found a nicely groomed and maintained park and started swinging. I could tell right away that this park has been hit a lot as the coins were all very deep except for a few fresh drops.

But, I was excited by the number of 'nervous' tabs (non-pull tabs) and pennies left undug. They were abundant, and lots of deep ones, so I went to it in hope of a score.
Bingo! First was the 925 religious ring which rang up just like a corroded zincoln on the Legend at 35-37.
After digging lots of foil, can slaw bits and nervous tabs, I had a signal identical to the previous two foil targets at 21 and Bang!
18k ring in the plug!

By 11am it was getting pretty hot already and I had plenty to do, so I headed back to the house. Ended up with just under $5 in clad. Glad to see I'll have some places to detect this winter!
0928221230.jpeg
0929220732.jpeg
0928221226.jpeg

Upvote 25

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul. I've never heard of "nervous tabs" before. What are non-pull tabs and why are they nervous? Is there a picture of one in the group? I might run into one some day and would like to be prepared.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You were well rewarded. Congrats

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Add the gold to the growing stash of gold we all secretly keep hidden away and look at from time to time. 😎👍

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I’m willing to bet there’s a few more just waiting for you. I’ll be in the area in the near future. Maybe will cross paths one day.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We bought a house in Boulder City to escape the long and snowy winters up north. We spent the last week here getting furniture and setting things up so when we head back down at the end of next month it'll be all ready to go.
Well, all work and no play...you know, so yesterday morning I grabbed my detector and headed towards Las Vegas (no park md'ing allowed in Boulder City). Not knowing what to expect I didn't get my hopes up. I figured with 2.5 million people that there are probably very many detecting the parks.
I found a nicely groomed and maintained park and started swinging. I could tell right away that this park has been hit a lot as the coins were all very deep except for a few fresh drops.

But, I was excited by the number of 'nervous' tabs (non-pull tabs) and pennies left undug. They were abundant, and lots of deep ones, so I went to it in hope of a score.
Bingo! First was the 925 religious ring which rang up just like a corroded zincoln on the Legend at 35-37.
After digging lots of foil, can slaw bits and nervous tabs, I had a signal identical to the previous two foil targets at 21 and Bang!
18k ring in the plug!

By 11am it was getting pretty hot already and I had plenty to do, so I headed back to the house. Ended up with just under $5 in clad. Glad to see I'll have some places to detect this winter!
View attachment 2048449 View attachment 2048450 View attachment 2048451
Sweet!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul. I've never heard of "nervous tabs" before. What are non-pull tabs and why are they nervous? Is there a picture of one in the group? I might run into one some day and would like to be prepared.
Ha, yeah, I call these things nervous tabs because they aren't meant to be removed and people remove them anyway, out of boredom or nervousness I presume.
I typically dig more of these in parks than any other single item.

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I’m willing to bet there’s a few more just waiting for you. I’ll be in the area in the near future. Maybe will cross paths one day.
PM me when you're there and we can hit a spot or two. There are like 150 parks there!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Add the gold to the growing stash of gold we all secretly keep hidden away and look at from time to time. 😎👍
Yep, I have yet to sell a ring. Looking at them and remembering the thrill gets me through days I can't hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread