Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havent hunted in quite awhile due to health issues
finally got chance to get into to the water. Water is cold in New England
still cause air temps have noy gotten to norms yet - I paid for
my anxiousness with a case of hyperthermia...I ended up having
shakes for hours after getting out. I didnt think I'd be able to hunt as
long as I did as it was. Out of shape for water hunting - weak arms and legs
I' thought I'd probably only last an hour and after first 15 mins. I didnt even think I'd last that long .
My right shoulder started to kill me - I hadnt gotten a hit yet...then I got a couple of fishing lures then my first thin coin down deep and then some sinkers and I forgot about my shoulder...I was back in action. Spot I hit on Cape Cod has
been done by 100s of hunters over the years. I'd say its more popular with fishermen now
than swimmers but she has been good to me thru the years for older gold and silver.
I was able to last 3 hrs and got paid with an older 10k signet. Only ended up with a few coins
got a fair amount of lead and handful of lures...was just happy to get in - ring was a bonus.
Will post everything later on - away from home right now and hoping to get in possibly a few more
times before going home. With waters being cold and air temps not much better...
not much hope for any fresh drops. Place I'm staying has no hot tub - had to take 3
long hot showers to ease my aching bones and muscles. Will post if I get any other goodies.
Good Luck to all that get out!
thum10kk6.jpg

Upvote 18

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I' thought I'd probably only last an hour and after first 15 mins. I didnt even think I'd last that long .
My right shoulder started to kill me - I hadnt gotten a hit yet...then I got a couple of fishing lures then my first thin coin down deep and then some sinkers and I forgot about my shoulder...I was back in action. Spot I hit on Cape Cod has
been done by 100s of hunters over the years. I'd say its more popular with fishermen now
than swimmers but she has been good to me thru the years for older gold and silver.
I was able to last 3 hrs and got paid with an older 10k signet. Only ended up with a few coins
got a fair amount of lead and handful of lures...was just happy to get in - ring was a bonus.
Will post everything later on - away from home right now and hoping to get in possibly a few more
times before going home. With waters being cold and air temps not much better...
not much hope for any fresh drops. Place I'm staying has no hot tub - had to take 3
long hot showers to ease my aching bones and muscles. Will post if I get any other goodies.
View attachment 2033076
welcome back and easy does it (but do it). Glad your hard work paid off with that beauty of a signet ring. WTG

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2033076
Sweet!!! Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2033076
WTG Congratulations I also hope it’s the first of many to come

goldhat

Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2033076

Very nice! Are you going to try and find the owner? My feeling is it’s been there for a while.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going Casper-2. I give you a ton of credit for getting out there. The water around here is still freeeeeezing. I don't think I would last 5 minutes. Congrats on the gold ring!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful gold ring
Congrats