Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out tonight after work. Was planning on staying out until it got dark. This would give me about 3.5 hours to detect. Went to my spot that I have been detecting for 22 years now. There was still some frost in the ground but it seemed okay. Dug a few signals in the first 15 minutes or so but turned out to be junk. Then go a signal that was jumping all over the place. 22, 25, 15, 14, 2. I was almost going to walk away, but then I turned 90 degrees and checked from another angle. Signal was still there, but still jumpy. I figured, well, I am out here, its only four inches deep, I did it anyway. 1907 nickel. Nice, first coin of the season and its 115 years old. This is going to be a good hunt. Moved on to another signal, a good signal, so I start to dig. SNAP. My Radius Root Slayer blade snapped right in half. Well, short trip.

Anthony

Upvote 7

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out tonight after work. Was planning on staying out until it got dark. This would give me about 3.5 hours to detect. Went to my spot that I have been detecting for 22 years now. There was still some frost in the ground but it seemed okay. Dug a few signals in the first 15 minutes or so but turned out to be junk. Then go a signal that was jumping all over the place. 22, 25, 15, 14, 2. I was almost going to walk away, but then I turned 90 degrees and checked from another angle. Signal was still there, but still jumpy. I figured, well, I am out here, its only four inches deep, I did it anyway. 1907 nickel. Nice, first coin of the season and its 115 years old. This is going to be a good hunt. Moved on to another signal, a good signal, so I start to dig. SNAP. My Radius Root Slayer blade snapped right in half. Well, short trip.

Anthony
Congrats on the old Nickel!!! Pics?

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Anthony
V nickles are a very noble looking coin, always fun to see that V! Good dig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread