First Hunt With Impact

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the Impact to my favorite park and tried different modes and frequencies. This park seems to give up one or two decent coins for every four hours of hunting and today was no different. I dug loads of junk trying to figure the detector out. The dominant signal seemed to be 96-98 which all turned out to be deep, rusty iron. I had layed a clad nickel on the ground at the beginning of the morning and it read a solid 30.

There just are not too many coin signals left in this park and the ones that are left, seem to be in the nickel range(28-35). I was looking for the 28-30 signals and had passed on many of the mid thirties signals. I finally got to an area where I had found several Buffalo nickels and got a tight, repeatable 34 signal. Because I was bored and had not found many coins, I dug it. From 4 inches I saw a nickel sized coin. I was expecting a Buffalo, but was please to see a "V" on the back. 1906 in excellent condition. I probably passed over several older nickels looking for lower numbers, but "live and learn".

I was hoping that the Impact would be an Anfibio with a trigger, but I don't think the Impact is an Anfibio clone. For a heavy detector, the Impact is extremely well balanced. I think it will be a deep detector. You have to pay close attention to the numbers when you change frequencies and modes. They will and change by four or five digits. I have not been real thorough reading the manual to see if there is an "ID normalization" function to keep things uniform. After four hours, the Impact seems like it might be a keeper.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ID normalization works great on the Impact. I'll never get rid of mine.
Good luck from a fellow NE Ohioan.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can notch out upper 90's and make them sound iron tone if you want on this detector. This knocks out a lot of the "wrap around" of large metal objects. Just make sure it doesn't interfere with a silver dollar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread