First Impact Hunt with 11 inch Coil

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the Impact out several times and used the 7x11 stock coil. I was not impressed as I was with the Anfibio Multi. I was hoping that the Impact would be similar to the Anfibio, but with the trigger pinpoint switch. I loved the Anfibio, but hated the very small pinpoint button. It was almost impossible for me to press with any sort of gloves on. The switch on the Impact solved that problem, but I was not getting the performance of the Multi.

Before moving the Impact along, I sold some gear and bought a 11 inch coil, which is almost the same as the Anfibio's. I just received it yesterday and it worked extremely well in my test bed. This am, I hit a local park early before the humidity hit and gave the coil a test run. I was hunting along and getting mostly 40-50's signals and not one of the 96-98 signals that I was getting with the 7x11. I did not dig any targets and I finally got a faint, repeatable high tone (hunting in 4d, gain 75). The target was so faint that I got absolutely no numbers, but it sounded good after pinpointing very small. From a solid 9 inches I saw silver. It was a 1919d merc. A couple of feet away, I got an almost identical signal, with no numbers. From 6 inches comes a silver stud earing with some kind of stone. Wow, this coil is the real deal. After an hour, the heat and humidity wore me out. I found 7 more coins with two being 6 inch nickels which had perfect numbers. I have had similar experiences with Minelab's Pro Coil and this Impact 11 inch coil reminds me of the Pro Coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread