Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i am really liking it a lot it reminds me of the Xterra 705 but with a lot more adjust ability then the 705 and that is saying something, the ergonomics is better then the 705 the Legend is a bit heavier to me then the 705 but comfortable to swing
updated the Legend to the new update which was the first thing I did before actually using it other then the one time I swung it over my yard so I cannot tell anyone if it is better or worse with the new 01.05 update I will tell everyone when I updated it, I did not think the Legend updated properly even though when you turn it on it does say in the upper right hand corner it is 1.05 it took me about an hour of messaging users on Facebook to finally figure out it was correctly updated
my thoughts on the update install it could have been a simpler process and also could have been easier to find out that the update was installed properly
this is for anyone that attempts the update follow the instructions when doing it if you are unsure ask someone there is all kinds of info and people willing to assist you on Facebook, one thing that makes it difficult to tell if the update took is because when you first turn the Legend on it defaults to custom discrimination on the screen there will be a C by the discrimination bar that C needs to be changed to F, you change that by tapping the horseshoe button to toggle between the discrimination patterns that is the only way you can actually determine the update worked, other then when you first turn the Legend on, the C discrimination pattern does not change once the update has been done 11 is still notched out and the tone break is still set to 11 in custom discrim but when you toggle that to F you will see the tone break is now set to 10 and 11 is now notched back in
Now for the good stuff took the Legend down to the park next to where I live there is a lot of EMI going on in this area I did a noise cancel but also had to lower the sens down to 20 to get it to actually quite down I also did a auto ground balance as the area I am in is highly mineralized my GB numbers came in at 94 so it is hot i, the legend was popping and cracking quite a bit which is understandable because i was in all metal mode just to get a feel for sounds from all targets, keep in mind i only hunted for about a hour and that is because I am still fighting with the affects of having covid a few months ago, it literally killed my breathing so I do not get to go for long before I have to take a break, I will get there though, I was swinging in park mode M1 sens 20 got over my first target which was down about 3 inches a clad penny, that was the only coin I dug after that it was pull tab city I attribute that to not really knowing the legend I dug 4 pull tabs and then had to quit and sit down I have never been one to look at TIDs so I cannot even tell anyone what those TIDs were on the few target I dug I have always detected by sound I will tell you some of the targets the sound is what stopped me, I really need to make a point of starting to look at target IDs and make it muscle memory to do so but I am so set in the way I detect it is going to take some discipline on my part to get there
as far as the Legend is concerned it is a very solidly built detector and with the updates that I believe Nokta/Macro is going to be putting out for the legend I believe it can only get better, the Legend is very comfortable to swing and for me it did not seem to wear my arm out the tones are fantastic and can be adjusted to each users liking, it is for me going to take a bit getting accustomed to adjusting the settings which could take a while simply because I do not get to hunt near as much any more to to health issues
so there is my first thoughts on the Legend

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback. I pulled the trigger and purchased the Legend today. Glad that it feels sort of like the Xterra since that is what I have been swinging for the last 15 years. Until I ready about the Makro I was looking hard at the Equinox but I really liked that you could easily swap out the Legend battery pack for a spare If needed. Should arrive in a few days.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the feedback. I pulled the trigger and purchased the Legend today. Glad that it feels sort of like the Xterra since that is what I have been swinging for the last 15 years. Until I ready about the Makro I was looking hard at the Equinox but I really liked that you could easily swap out the Legend battery pack for a spare If needed. Should arrive in a few days.
well I hate to break it to you, but you cannot just swap out the battery I do not know which package you purchased the standard pack or the pro pack, the standard pack comes with the 11 inch coil and wireless headphones and built in rechargeable battery, you can purchase a spare rechargeable battery which mounts under the arm cuff not in the detector itself, if you purchased the pro pack the spare battery is included plus the 6 inch coil is included

as for the built in battery on the Legend if you ever have problems with the battery you would have to send the Legend in for repair or replacement, as there is no way to remove the built in battery.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I hate to break it to you, but you cannot just swap out the battery I do not know which package you purchased the standard pack or the pro pack, the standard pack comes with the 11 inch coil and wireless headphones and built in rechargeable battery, you can purchase a spare rechargeable battery which mounts under the arm cuff not in the detector itself, if you purchased the pro pack the spare battery is included plus the 6 inch coil is included

as for the built in battery on the Legend if you ever have problems with the battery you would have to send the Legend in for repair or replacement, as there is no way to remove the built in battery.
Same as the Equinox....except you CAN change the battery. A total non-issue as you can just add an external battery if you run low before you are able to recharge. Just like a cell phone.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
curious to see if you have the pinpoint issue that "DirtFishing" has had on his youtube channel. I checked with him and he is running the update that I thought was suppose to improve the pinpoint function.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I think I understand the battery situation better now. Still a plus to be able to be able to use an external battery if needed. The Legend will arrive tomorrow so I am anxious check it out.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
curious to see if you have the pinpoint issue that "DirtFishing" has had on his youtube channel. I checked with him and he is running the update that I thought was suppose to improve the pinpoint function.
I myself have had no pin pointing issues the pin point function is spot on, on my Legend but I have seen a few mentions of people having issues, I also cannot tell you what the pin point function did when I first received my Legend because I did the update almost as soon as I put it together with in an hour after I put it together, other then to me EMI is nowhere as bad as it was when I first put it together I took it out in my yard and turned it on ground balanced it and did a frequency shift I also lowered the sens all because of EMI that was all done within the first hour of putting it together I then shut it down and did the update, the next day I did the same thing after the update and even though the EMI was still pretty bad it was not near as bad, so the update to me seemed to make the EMI less of a problem, the area I did this in is an area that messes with every detector I have and the EMI is always there

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I myself have had no pin pointing issues the pin point function is spot on, on my Legend but I have seen a few mentions of people having issues, I also cannot tell you what the pin point function did when I first received my Legend because I did the update almost as soon as I put it together with in an hour after I put it together, other then to me EMI is nowhere as bad as it was when I first put it together I took it out in my yard and turned it on ground balanced it and did a frequency shift I also lowered the sens all because of EMI that was all done within the first hour of putting it together I then shut it down and did the update, the next day I did the same thing after the update and even though the EMI was still pretty bad it was not near as bad, so the update to me seemed to make the EMI less of a problem, the area I did this in is an area that messes with every detector I have and the EMI is always there
I hunt primarily in urban areas and EMI can be a real issue but so far the Legend has overcome it every time.

For one, going down to the smaller 6" coil reduces any EMI considerably.

Secondly, when I get EMI in M1 or M2 modes, I switch to 4KHz, then 10KHz, then 15KHz, then 40KHz. One of those frequencies almost always has no, or low, chatter.

I swing with the sensitivity maxed out (30) and I have only had to lower it once. That was with the 11" coil and I just couldn't get a usable (low chatter) frequency. So I dropped the sensitivity until all the chatter stopped (22)

I am looking forward to the LG-24 coil. It is a 5.5"x9" eliptical coil that I fell in love with on the Simplex. Not sure when it will be released but it is in development.

Happy Hunting with the new unit!

BTW, for my swing and location, this is how I set my machine. Noise cancellation and ground tracking upon powerup. Park mode, 15Khz, 60 tone, sensitivity 30, swing speed 10, vibrate, all metal mode. Then I start listening for that sweet sound of silver :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread