first nuggs with the 6000

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got in 3.5-4 hrs this morn before the heat and the bugs were terrible. Hit an area I've hit with the Monster and the sdc at least 10 times and things were getting real slim. This was my test area for the 6000 as it'd been hammered by myself and a few others. Machine got 4 more with a couple pretty good ones and all were deeper than I'm used to digging with the small ones in the 4-6" range and the biggest one was 12" and next biggest 9-10". Threshold stability is terrible but a noise cancel fixes that but you'll be doing lots of them...take about 4-5 seconds. I'm impressed, it gets Goldmonster sized tinys AT DEPTH and definately has more depth than the sdc but I'm surely gonna miss that SDC stable threshold.... Anyways 3.258 grams in first 3-4hrs in pounded patch...I'm impressed!!!!!

gpx.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
:icon_thumleft:I've dug lots of hot rocks located with my garrett at gold and thats one big reason for getting a PI. I've been mining placer gold since i was a teenager but no detectoring unill about five years ago. Monster?? not sure what you are referring to.
Sounds like you have played around with several of these toys...smile....
Maybe i will get an eq 800 also? But I want a machine thats gonna locate a 2-4 pound nugget for me not that dust we didn't bother with back when gold was $35 per oz.......I'm getting to old to mess with dust:laughing7:

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But I want a machine thats gonna locate a 2-4 pound nugget for me

disregard anything I said above..........your AT will find the 2-4lb'ers

to the rest, I went out this morning over to my area(s) and due to road closures and fire I'm done for the time being.....

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the updates, good to know you found some more sassy gold, sad to know the fires are getting closer. We too have terrible forest fire smoke here as well. Had to delay last week's trip. Rain today, so maybe it will clear things a bit?

You're right on about packing a hot VLF and a great PI machine for nuggets; they're a fantastic one-two punch and they both have their place, which is what's so great about having two premier detectors to swing: having only one just won't always get it done. The other factor is weight. A hot VLF you can swing all day, not so with the PI's without harnesses, cords, swing poles, etc. Minelab's latest models of PI's have much better balance/ergonomics, but they ain't no light-weight wonders either.

Thanks for the tag along and for the pictures.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We too have terrible forest fire smoke here as well. Had to delay last week's trip. Rain today, so maybe it will clear things up a bit
All the best,

Lanny

Wasn't about an hr after I got home and we started getting some good rain and it hasn't let up a bit so far! It's gonna be a game changer.....Thankyou Lanny and Canada for sending down some rain!!!!!! Hope you guys up there are getting the same!
I'll be back out in no time.....

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
disregard anything I said above..........your AT will find the 2-4lb'ers

to the rest, I went out this morning over to my area(s) and due to road closures and fire I'm done for the time being.....

chuckle......Thats too bad. One of the incentives for me to buy a new machine is to keep me moving instead of sitting around. Not that i don't have plenty to keep me busy just that i don't do it for one reason or another..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread