First silver coin in the hole....FINALLY!

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today at dusk, I dug a 94-95 signal that was very shiny when I looked into the hole. My brain recognized it was silver from all of the cool metal detecting videos I have watched on Youtube, wondering when that would be me that finds the silver. Well, today was the day! And it is right at my two year anniversary of metal detecting. It was sooooo much fun pulling out this 1964 Kennedy half dollar. :laughing7:

Attachments

• silver coin 2.jpg
    silver coin 2.jpg
    901.4 KB · Views: 98
  • silver coin.jpg
    silver coin.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
Upvote 55
OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really Nice find R&B !! Those don't get dug up very often either ! Congratulations !! So nice to see fat silver in the hole rather than a crushed beer can !

Oh my goodness, you are sooo right, Argentium! My day was made!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Trezurehunter! I am SOOOO wanting a Morgan Dollar, I think they are beautiful.
They are a tough one to find. I only have 3 of them in 30 years of detecting. That being said, I found two of them about 10 feet apart within 5 minutes of each other. You just never know. Good luck and I hope you get one soon.

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey hey hey! That's how it's done! You've put most of us to shame however, my first silver coin was a Roosevelt dime. Keep trying, you are sure to find more!

A mercury dime is on my bucket list, secondstar! I can't wait to go back to the field. I don't think there are old coins there, however....

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first silver coin is a half dollar. It don't get much better than that. congrats!

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heckuva first silver. While to a coin collector that's probably the least desirable 90% half, to a detectorist that's probably the hardest type to find. One year type that had a very short circulation time. Great first silver and the first of many I hope.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
That's a fantastic first silver coin dug! Mine was a 1954 dime back in 1984. I've dug a 1968 40% silver Kennedy and lots of clad, but no 1964....YET!
I have found three morgan dollars with my metal detectors right here in Denver, so they are out there.

Grats and know that you will be finding the next silver coin soon as you have that monkey off your back and they'll just come easier now.
Now, if I can just fond that first gold coin....

HH ALL

Plazz58

Jul 23, 2020
Yonkers NY
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great find congrats.....found my first one today and promptly lost it ....lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the BIG silver!:occasion14:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Erik! You are right on the quarters and dimes....Funny thing is, this is my THIRD half dollar I have dug in 3 months. I am doing nothing differently, just the way it is. I stared at that coin for a long time in my hand! :)

And I bet while you were staring, you were grinning from ear to ear!

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a fantastic first silver coin dug! Mine was a 1954 dime back in 1984. I've dug a 1968 40% silver Kennedy and lots of clad, but no 1964....YET!
I have found three morgan dollars with my metal detectors right here in Denver, so they are out there.

Grats and know that you will be finding the next silver coin soon as you have that monkey off your back and they'll just come easier now.
Now, if I can just fond that first gold coin....

HH ALL

You shouldn't have told me that, xr7ator, now I won't get ANY sleep knowing you found three in Denver! At what depth did you find them?

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your huge silver half! Great! now I have another one to add to my "to do list"!:tongue3:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Two years on TNet and your first silver?

It's about danged time :)

However, you've opened the gate in a spectacular fashion :)

There's more ahead!!!

swordarrow

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's wonderful ! funny coincidence you found it with a garrett deepseeker and here I have one with a depth multiplier, for sale. The first silver coin I found was a 1955 washington quarter. Happy hunting. God Bless <><

OP
OP
Rings&bling

Rings&bling

Nov 2, 2018
Denver, Colorado
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great silver coin to start with - you don't mess around??!!

congrats

vp

VPone, I LOVED your story about the $10 Gold piece. That was freakin' awesome! I think I would faint dead away if I came across that! Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions