First silver finally on the board!!

Hondo

Jul 1, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
AT- Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground has been pretty hard around here lately but thawed just enough the last couple of days for me to get out and try out my new AT-Pro which came in the mail on Wednesday and I have been going batty waiting to get out and dig. I ran it in the yard several times and marked where some likely signals and today decided to try and dig a few.

Second signal was an 82 on the meter and 8 inches down. After a good deal of hacking through the frozen upper crust, out popped this beautiful silver Mercury. It's my first and I am pretty stoked, even if it might be a bit underwhelming among some of the banner stuff that has been going up on the forum lately. The awesome thing is that I have pounded that yard like crazy for months with the old Bounty Hunter and never got a single signal in that area, and found this inside of 2-3 minutes. Think I will really like the Pro!!

Thanks for taking a look, gonna get back out there and see what else awaits!

IMG_20150117_095320816.jpg IMG_20150117_102849413.jpg IMG_20150117_102902652.jpg

Upvote 14

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first silver. No, it may not be a banner find, but who cares? Finding silver is always great no matter how long you've been detecting or how much you've found. I've been detecting for 35 years and still get a charge out of finding any silver coins. I've also heard that the AT Pro is a great machine so it looks like you're in for a good season. I won one at our club Christmas party last month and was thinking about selling it, but decided to keep it as a backup for my CTX 3030. HH.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Grats on the first silver! Mine was not a merc but a rosie and it was back in the 80's in an area that has been redeveloped so I can't really get to the same spot any longer. HH ALL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread