First silver for 08.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
First silver for '08.

I was on my way to check out a new place today, but I never got there. I happened to drive past one of my very first places I ever did good at, an old carnival grounds in Chester Twp. The place had yielded 81 silver pieces to me a long time ago, but the field has been overgrown and unused in recent years. However, today I noticed that there was a scraped, beaten-down trail going back into the field and I wondered if there be anything left in there. So, I found a good place to park and got my stuff out. The main trail yeilded only a memorial penny and 2 wheaties, but this got my hopes up. I started hunting some of the side trails that branched off of the main trail. The pickens were pretty slim, but I did manage to pluck a few more wheaties and assorted junk pieces. After about 2 hours I finally found a silver piece, my first for 2008. It was the same as the very first silver piece I had ever found, a Roosevelt Dime, though it was a '59-D as opposed to a '46, like my first one. Anyway, I also found a junk ring, a pocket knife and an old spoon. And another first for me, a Crosman 357 Pellet Gun, which was buried about 8 inches deep. Not bad for another hunted-out place.

The Roosie: carny shots 004.JPG carny shots 005.JPG

Other coins: carny shots 001.JPG

Other junk: carny shots 002.JPG

The pellet gun:

carny shots 003.JPG

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: First silver for '08.

You don't waste any time....some place's you just can't give up on....Nice Job!!

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on your first 2008 silver find.

MangoKnees

Nov 22, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm l l

Hi neighbor Bob,

Not bad for hitting that spot again. Some interesting finds.

WTG
Mango

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

congrats on the first silver of the year! maybe the old spot still holds a few keepers.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course

Congrats on the first silver of the year. I tried but cold only find gold today.

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gees that pellet gun could get some one in trouble.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions