Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 20th year of detecting just ended. My years run from May 1 to April 30 so I am kind of weird that way. I started using my first detector on May 1 of 2002 so that’s why I do it.

I made another trip to the yard with the Franklin half, but things were really quiet. I am gridding the yard as always and cleaning things out, but this yard has the fewest nails of any yard I have ever detected. There can be a lot of swinging without a single beep. I’ve never seen a yard this clean before. I thought I was only going to have a few wheaties to show, but in the last hour things picked up and I actually found a silver in my last hole of the day.

I spent 5 hours CZ21 and found 24 coins with a face value of $0.73, a small rifle sling guide, a kiddie pirate ring, a DISTON hand saw screw medallion (1940-1947), an old gas valve, a silver dime, an old aluminum button and 8 wheaties, as well as the usual junk.

03E4D395-C05B-4E39-B178-79003F331DB7.jpeg

The dime is a 1941 merc (love those mercs). The wheaties are 1919, 1940, 1941, 1944, 1945, 1950, 1950, and a toasted one. The 1919 looks like it is in real good shape. I just have to get the dirt off.

DFDAD2FA-FC55-4016-8734-BB3D50423DF4.jpeg

Made my usual trip to the scout camp and in 6 hours I found 75 coins (low number for camp) with a face value of $7.09, 118 camp tent pegs, 17 arrows, a lug wrench, another bunch of old military blanks (dates as early as 1952), a stove tool, a rope tensioner, a sinker, a mashed Boy Scout slide, a home made copper canoe slide, 3 nice throwing knives and some junk.

14364D3F-8BC8-41AB-A628-682851A26B46.jpeg

2C5074AD-3EB0-476F-828F-B7BB2432EC4B.jpeg

39C88DB7-1D10-47DE-AC1A-2E50B44021D9.jpeg

I confirmed with the director that the throwing knives are camp property and not lost by some scout so I will give them to the him on my next trip up. I left the pegs as usual and the arrows, but the knives might walk away if I just left them so I will deliver them personally. (The camp is used by individual troops and other organizations during the year.)

AC2CF4B6-DF1C-472F-8D33-F446D8A823B3.jpeg

I got a new permission from the lady who runs the local food pantry. I talked to her about my hobby while we were delivering the food the scouts collected. She offered to let me detect her yard so off I went. It is a smaller yard and will probably only take 2 trips to grid. I spent 4 hour on this trip and finished one side and most of the back.

I managed to find 27 coins with a face value of $1.93, a lead cowboy that is in 3 pieces, 2 toy cars and part of a third, a sash buckle, a shell casing (UMC 40-60 SH), a gas valve, a clay marble (eyeball find in the hole with a penny), a kiddie ring, a ball mitt pendant, a brass whatzit, a key, 3 wheaties, a Canadian penny, a flat button, a medal, 2 coal mine chits, the usual bits of aluminum siding, foil etc.

276BADD8-218B-459E-9B9E-270883182D85.jpeg

The wheaties are 1919, 1924 and 1945. The flat button is paper thin, with no backmark and missing the shank. You can see the weld where the shank was. The medal is brass, but there is a ferrous covering on the center of the medal. It might be part of the original medal or something the that got attached to it over the years. It is marked on the back THE WHITEHEAD & HOAG CO. I will see if I can clean up the front and get a better idea of exactly what it is. The coal chits are a 210 and a weak 2. I find coal chits in almost all the yards in this town. Miners were a big part of the population in the early days.

024F0816-B82F-4C05-B6E6-2FC4E9B7ABA8.jpeg

The gas valve is a real beauty. These things can be incredibly ornate and this is a nicer one.

8882F1BA-ADB5-494E-B2A8-B6ADF178DB62.jpeg

I’m a little disappointed I didn’t find any silver or Indians (in this part of town I usually find at least one in each yard), but it was a productive hunt with lots of interesting finds. Maybe next time.

I was planning to get in another hunt, but the skies opened up and it poured for a day and a half. My wife is very understanding and let me go out for a few hours on Mother’s Day. I went to one of the schools with high hopes. I did good with clad and tabs, but nothing much interesting. In 4 hours I managed to find 68 coins with a face value of $5.01, a pair of car keys, a kiddie ring, can slaw, caps and tabs oh my.

34DB8C3F-1AC6-4929-A6ED-FB4C64B6231E.jpeg

A nice variety of interesting finds, a silver and of course clad and junk for this week. I will be going family camping next weekend at a state park that can be good for a few silvers and gold, but it may have been cleaned out by now and it has been too cold for new contributions. I’ve got my fingers crossed, wish me luck. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• 36B3DE3C-461C-4654-8E14-617F02F4026E.jpeg
    36B3DE3C-461C-4654-8E14-617F02F4026E.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 794258F4-C261-4836-A40E-EF534DD8BB4D.jpeg
    794258F4-C261-4836-A40E-EF534DD8BB4D.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 12

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 20th year of detecting just ended. My years run from May 1 to April 30 so I am kind of weird that way. I started using my first detector on May 1 of 2002 so that’s why I do it.

I made another trip to the yard with the Franklin half, but things were really quiet. I am gridding the yard as always and cleaning things out, but this yard has the fewest nails of any yard I have ever detected. There can be a lot of swinging without a single beep. I’ve never seen a yard this clean before. I thought I was only going to have a few wheaties to show, but in the last hour things picked up and I actually found a silver in my last hole of the day.

I spent 5 hours CZ21 and found 24 coins with a face value of $0.73, a small rifle sling guide, a kiddie pirate ring, a DISTON hand saw screw medallion (1940-1947), an old gas valve, a silver dime, an old aluminum button and 8 wheaties, as well as the usual junk.

View attachment 2025660

The dime is a 1941 merc (love those mercs). The wheaties are 1919, 1940, 1941, 1944, 1945, 1950, 1950, and a toasted one. The 1919 looks like it is in real good shape. I just have to get the dirt off.

View attachment 2025669

Made my usual trip to the scout camp and in 6 hours I found 75 coins (low number for camp) with a face value of $7.09, 118 camp tent pegs, 17 arrows, a lug wrench, another bunch of old military blanks (dates as early as 1952), a stove tool, a rope tensioner, a sinker, a mashed Boy Scout slide, a home made copper canoe slide, 3 nice throwing knives and some junk.

View attachment 2025663

View attachment 2025661

View attachment 2025662

I confirmed with the director that the throwing knives are camp property and not lost by some scout so I will give them to the him on my next trip up. I left the pegs as usual and the arrows, but the knives might walk away if I just left them so I will deliver them personally. (The camp is used by individual troops and other organizations during the year.)

View attachment 2025658

I got a new permission from the lady who runs the local food pantry. I talked to her about my hobby while we were delivering the food the scouts collected. She offered to let me detect her yard so off I went. It is a smaller yard and will probably only take 2 trips to grid. I spent 4 hour on this trip and finished one side and most of the back.

I managed to find 27 coins with a face value of $1.93, a lead cowboy that is in 3 pieces, 2 toy cars and part of a third, a sash buckle, a shell casing (UMC 40-60 SH), a gas valve, a clay marble (eyeball find in the hole with a penny), a kiddie ring, a ball mitt pendant, a brass whatzit, a key, 3 wheaties, a Canadian penny, a flat button, a medal, 2 coal mine chits, the usual bits of aluminum siding, foil etc.

View attachment 2025665

The wheaties are 1919, 1924 and 1945. The flat button is paper thin, with no backmark and missing the shank. You can see the weld where the shank was. The medal is brass, but there is a ferrous covering on the center of the medal. It might be part of the original medal or something the that got attached to it over the years. It is marked on the back THE WHITEHEAD & HOAG CO. I will see if I can clean up the front and get a better idea of exactly what it is. The coal chits are a 210 and a weak 2. I find coal chits in almost all the yards in this town. Miners were a big part of the population in the early days.

View attachment 2025666

The gas valve is a real beauty. These things can be incredibly ornate and this is a nicer one.

View attachment 2025667

I’m a little disappointed I didn’t find any silver or Indians (in this part of town I usually find at least one in each yard), but it was a productive hunt with lots of interesting finds. Maybe next time.

I was planning to get in another hunt, but the skies opened up and it poured for a day and a half. My wife is very understanding and let me go out for a few hours on Mother’s Day. I went to one of the schools with high hopes. I did good with clad and tabs, but nothing much interesting. In 4 hours I managed to find 68 coins with a face value of $5.01, a pair of car keys, a kiddie ring, can slaw, caps and tabs oh my.

View attachment 2025668

A nice variety of interesting finds, a silver and of course clad and junk for this week. I will be going family camping next weekend at a state park that can be good for a few silvers and gold, but it may have been cleaned out by now and it has been too cold for new contributions. I’ve got my fingers crossed, wish me luck. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

View attachment 2025660

View attachment 2025669

View attachment 2025663

View attachment 2025661

View attachment 2025662

View attachment 2025658

View attachment 2025665

View attachment 2025666

View attachment 2025667

View attachment 2025668

Tnt, I'm pretty amazed at the amount finds you recovered....cleaning the world upone yard at a time...and your presentation along with your detailed explanation of things is most enjoyable! (I imagine that you leave your areas nicer looking than when you found them)

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Coinstar for your kind words.
Stay safe and keep swingin.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2025660

View attachment 2025669

View attachment 2025663

View attachment 2025661

View attachment 2025662

View attachment 2025658

View attachment 2025665

View attachment 2025666

View attachment 2025667

View attachment 2025668

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!! Keep Your coil to the soil!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread