bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had my first successful ring return last night. After work I took my detector and sand scoop to a swimming area next to a bridge outside of town. Was there 20 min and a young guy came running up and asked if my detector was waterproof, I said sure is. He said he lost his wedding ring in the swimming hole 2 nights ago and the were back looking for it with swim goggles. Gave me a detailed description of the ring and a general area. Took me 20 min, it rang up 16 on the equinox and was in 4 feet of water mixed in with some leaves. His wife was so excited.

Other than that I scored $1 in clad and and emperor chuck e cheesicus the 1st token.

Was a good evening. Sorry no pics I left my phone in the car which was a ways away.

Upvote 30

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had my first successful ring return last night. After work I took my detector and sand scoop to a swimming area next to a bridge outside of town. Was there 20 min and a young guy came running up and asked if my detector was waterproof, I said sure is. He said he lost his wedding ring in the swimming hole 2 nights ago and the were back looking for it with swim goggles. Gave me a detailed description of the ring and a general area. Took me 20 min, it rang up 16 on the equinox and was in 4 feet of water mixed in with some leaves. His wife was so excited.

Other than that I scored $1 in clad and and emperor chuck e cheesicus the 1st token.

Was a good evening. Sorry no pics I left my phone in the car which was a ways away.
love returning items to the owner! wtg

OP
OP
bologna321

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure gives you a nice feeling when you can return a lost ring !!
Sure does, I've only been able to try for someone one other time. The ring was lost like 15 years prior and I couldn't find it after multiple trips.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job congrats you made someones life alot better.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very Nice!!! Good Job!!! Congrats!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i returned one that had been lost for over 50 years. There were tears in the person that lost it and in MINE ALSO :)

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

"emperor chuck e cheesicus" Thats funny!

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've asked the couple to take a pic with their phone and send it to me. They're always glad to do it because than they have the pic to share with others.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome job!! Congrats!!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the return. You help is all look good that way. Any return deserves an honorable mention in my opinion so I vote honorable mention.

Stay safe and keep swingin.

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A great story - good job on the return and some good PR for the hobby - everyone wins !

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks for giving detectors a plus effort on KINDNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
bologna321

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone appreciate the good words