First Thimble!!!!, Plus 2nd silver rosie, and 4 wheaties! Had an awesome day! :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! Well As you may have known, by now I have been perfecting my skills with the SE. I have become great friends with the machine and knowing all of it's beeps and blips that the machine makes. I am happy to say that today was another great day! I had planned to go metal detecting at a 1920's house with Nate(JuJu) at 9am in the morning. He told me that I could arrive a little early, so we could make it over there and still have enough time to hunt before dark.

Nate, His wife, and I packed up their car and headed out! It was around 10am when we got there and Nate and I were really excited to start hunting! Nate and I agreed to start at the right side of the house which turned out to be great! :thumbsup: I know it sounds crazy but my first ever hit was a 1958 wheatie! Nate was amazed none the less about me getting a wheatie on the first hit. After getting regular pennies for awhile I got another wheatie hit. By this time Nate had also gotten a wheatie and a game token (He will post his finds).

We circled this part of the area for awhile and I had found nothing but clad and one more wheatie. That put me up to three wheat pennies. Nate had two by this time. At the very edge of the lawn Nate got a very old button. We have no idea what it is but he is hoping to get some answers.

Nate then went to the left side of the house and started hunting there. I had already skimmed the surface and got a lot of the clad. I changed my variable (I think thats what you call it) settings on my detector from 8 to 10, thinking that it would help a little bit. Well it sure did! :thumbsup: I heard a little beep, as I passed over the ground. I decided to dig the hole and get whatever coin that was underneath the ground.

To my surprise listening to that little dime beep helped! :thumbsup: I saw a glimpse of the dime on edge and it shined like SILVER! I was amazed when I pulled out the dime and revealed the date to be 1952!!! ;D I was so happy! ;D I rushed to Nate, like I was a little kid, who had just won a full day of shopping at toys R us! Hehe! ;D He congratulated me and then we went back to hunting! I filled my hole and went to the left side of the lawn, where he was.

10 minutes had past since the silver dime had been found. I had been pulling up tons and tons of trash, and some regular clad. I got an iffy foil hit on my SE. I thought it would be a nickle but it wasn't. I lifted the plug out from the ground and saw what looks like another silver looking color. This time It was not silver. BUT! I did get a THIMBLE! :thumbsup: ;D My first ever thimble! I had wanted this one for a long time! Another item that I have checked off my list!

It was getting dark, so we decided to go home. All of us thanked the owner for letting us hunt her yard and she said that we could come back anytime we wanted :thumbsup: Once I get my pro coil for christmas I am definatly going back :thumbsup: Oh and for anyone who wants to know the wheaties range from 1954-1958, nothing special and I have four of them.

004.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

008.jpg

Tommorow, Nate and I are heading out to the 1928 farm to do some more detecting! :thumbsup: I hope everoyne got out and detected on this sunday! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Nice finds - that silver in the mud is a sight to see! What is that green grass??? Don't know what that's like here- considering we are covered in snow!

Ian

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice going, DF! Glad you were able to score on your hunt today.

I can tell you're getting better with your SE.

Your Variability setting on your SE controls how much "variation", in tone, targets of different conductivities will sound. The higher the setting the more different a low conductor (pulltab, foil, nickels, etc.) will sound from a higher conductor(copper, silver, etc.).

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Re: First Thimble!!!!, Plus 2nd silver rosie, and 4 wheaties! Had an awesome day

Great hunt!
Sounds like you're getting the hang of that machine.
Keep at it!
Mike

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
WTG I had a great day also. Big congrats on your silver dime. I am lookin forward to tommorrow.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy reading about you and Nate's hunts...I like to see what the "local" guys are digging up! Good stuff!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job DF. :thumbsup:
Congrats on that silver. :icon_king: Cool thimble too. I haven't found one of those in some time now.
-MM-

S

seger98

Love finding the thimbles, makes ya wonder who used it & how they came to lose it! :thumbsup:

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great hunt, Congrats!
Continued Good luck, & Happy hutning~

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
You are just kicking on those finds there DF. Great job and hope to see more finds before the weather turns to crud. WTG... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 283
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 282

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those thembles are nice to find. Its really in good shape. I found a couple at my site that are very old, and in that good a condition, but it was a thrill to find them.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
You are getting to be an old pro when finding a wheatie is nothing special. ;D Nice finds. Congrats on the dime.
Dman

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
LIKE THE THINBLE. SILVER AND WHEATES. THAT WAS A AWSOME DAY. :thumbsup:

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice huntin' D.F. I jacked up my variability to 10 and just left it there from day one. When I run accross deep silver...the sound just stops me in my tracks. :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job DF. Good luck on your next hunt. HH and Happy holidays. Looks like you are about to get a taste of winter out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread