FIRST TIME POSTER - Nova Scotian Pirate Treasure

Zan_Solo

Apr 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, everyone!

I'm new to the group and Nerding out over the website, all of the info I've found so far.

I have a question... I'm curious if there are any well-known, but undiscovered Pirate wrecks or lost/buried treasure in the vicinity of Nova Scotia?

I'm looking for something completely unrelated to Oak Island btw. I keep reading that Nova Scotia is known for a crazy amount of wrecks in the area, but nothing super specific to Pirate treasure. Most of my searches get overtaken by 'Oak Island'.

Any links or insight to books about the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also from Nova Scotia. One of the unfortunate things about doing an online search for treasure and Nova Scotia you will get thousands of links about the Oak Island treasure. If you are like me and think Oak Island is a complete fake then you know the frustration of that.

Now on to some more interesting stuff. The best known treasure ship found in Nova Scotia was called Le Chameau. A French pay ship. Found by the recently deceased Alex Storm. Interesting story about a interesting find by a man who led a fascinating life.

Black Hole Treasure. No one has admitted to finding it as far as I know. https://mysteriesofcanada.com/nova-scotia/black-hole-harbour-treasure/

Isle Haute Treasure One of the few cases of actual buried treasure. Unfortunately hidden temporarily then recovered but a little spilled along the way. As far as I know they do not know where it eventually ended up.

Treasure of the Acadians. Stuff hidden away by the Acadians before the British deported them starting in 1755. Some recovered but some probably remains hidden on the Tusket Islands.

What part of Nova Scotia are you in? I'm in the western end of the province.

There are other stories I ran across in the past but I can't think of them right now. Hope this gives you a little information to get started.

Here is the bad news. With the exception of Oak Island treasure hunting is banned in Nova Scotia

Last edited:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know what's worse. Having a place where you are banned from treasure hunting or having a place where you can hunt all you want but there's nothing to be found. I live in the latter. Zan Solo and I should both MOVE! Gary

OP
OP
Z

Zan_Solo

Apr 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, thanks for the info!

I believe there's something on Oak Island, but exactly what is the question. I've read a lot about Alex Storm lately, also about a ship he was looking for called the St. Michel. His son started a youtube channel and had two pretty solid videos about his dad's adventures. But unfortunately, the channel seems pretty dead now.

I'm actually not in Nova Scotia, I'm just researching stories for a paper.

It really is unfortunate the government won't sanction any other treasure salvages.

There's so much history just sitting in the ocean and underground...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread