First time searching ever: A bar of rebar, some old nails and bonding.

delcov

Greenie
Jun 3, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
Lone Star by Bounty Hunter, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother gave me a used Lone Star by Bounty Hunter for Christmas. I picked up a pinpointer for cheap.

My 9 yr old daughter and I went to the backyard to use our "new" equipment for the first time ever. All we found were about 20 old nails, some wire, a bar of rebar and about 4 hours spent together not in front of he TV, tablet or phone. I'm not providing pictures of the items. They were insignificant.

We both had a blast. It was fun and we found that spark. We'll be back out this week, maybe to a local creek or more backyard digging.

Just wanted to share what I found today.

Upvote 26

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
My brother gave me a used Lone Star by Bounty Hunter for Christmas. I picked up a pinpointer for cheap.

My 9 yr old daughter and I went to the backyard to use our "new" equipment for the first time ever. All we found were some old 20 nails, some wire, a bar of rebar and about 4 hours spent together not in front of the TV, tablet or phone. I'm not providing pictures of the items. They were insignificant.

We both had a blast. It was fun and we found that spark. We'll be back out this week, maybe to a local creek or more backyard digging.

Delcov: that is a great post! Time well spent and creating memories. I wish you both all the best in future hunts. Keep posting to the forums so we can see how it’s going. 👨‍👧

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My 9 yr old daughter and I went to the backyard to use our "new" equipment for the first time ever. All we found were about 20 old nails, some wire, a bar of rebar and about 4 hours spent together not in front of he TV, tablet or phone. I'm not providing pictures of the items. They were insignificant.

Great post. I also have a 9 yr old daughter that goes almost everywhere with me. Don't blink because we'll be walking down the isle before you know it. Keep swinging

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's great. Dig everything and you'll soon learn what your machine is telling you is good vs. probable trash. But if you want to find gold, you have to dig foil signals. Most of all, enjoy the time with your daughter. I tried to get my kids interested to dig with me but it never caught on with them. Now they're grown and moved away.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really great that you can spend your time with you daughter that way. I did that with my sone and daughter and my granddaughters and grandson, too! Like jewelerguy, none of them ever took it up and they are all moved away, too.

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard, and you DID find something....a new adventure to share with your daughter. She'll remember this for the rest of her life. So will you.

That is a treasure without digging. Nicely done, sir.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you found a true treasure today, spending time with your daughter away from the screen.
There was a young lad long ago, and his father had bought a detector, and shared.
Now some 55yrs later that passion still runs deep in the vanes.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Always Great to get out on a hunt!!! Nice!!! Congrats!!!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Excellent! Maybe take her to a park for more variety of finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread