First two days with my new XP Deus 2 does not disappoint !

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the plunge and bought the new detector this week. My wife was even encouraging me too lol. Took it to my favorite pounded site ( over 20x) have hunted the old farm field. Dug new things right away. Even dug a 1910 Barber dime and 1928 wheat at another site. Detector is amazing just using the stock programs.

Attachments

• farm field.jpg
    farm field.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • fort finds .jpg
    fort finds .jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
Upvote 15

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds- Congrats! My hunting buddy just got a D2, took it out once- a learning curve for sure but I think it's ultimately going to be well worth the investment.

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds- Congrats! My hunting buddy just got a D2, took it out once- a learning curve for sure but I think it's ultimately going to be well worth the investment.
I heard a lot about the learning curve, watched countless Youtube videos on the machine, many from England. After years with the Whites, DFX and V3i...this detector is a lot more plainer and easier to figure out. The menus are condensed and quick IMHO. The tough part will be applying them to different sites, but starting out with the set programs....they rock.

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got it It does go deeper and has the best discriminator on the market.
The technology is superior with this detector, and yes the seperation too. Its rapid fire fast. Still getting my head around it, it will take many hours more to become accustomed to the tones and nuances. Total winner. What are some of the programs you run Smokey ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Took the plunge and bought the new detector this week. My wife was even encouraging me too lol. Took it to my favorite pounded site ( over 20x) have hunted the old farm field. Dug new things right away. Even dug a 1910 Barber dime and 1928 wheat at another site. Detector is amazing just using the stock programs.
Hope you do realize that we all suck at detecting.
Look at all those missed targets even after 20X hitting that one old friend. :laughing7:

Congrats on the wife's sanctioned new Deus ll-life doesn't get any better right there-winner in my books.
Now for the finds-impressive-and it really did show you what can be sneaked out of a well hit site.
Well done, and all the best getting to know it better with the future hunt.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using program 6, the deep high conductor program. If I "think" its iron, while I'm over the undug target I use the - button to go to program 5, listen, then go back to 6. I used the beach program at the beach but its just coins and sinkers and trash jewelry there right now.

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have using program 6, the deep high conductor program. If I "think" its iron, while I'm over the undug target I use the - button to go to program 5, listen, then go back to 6. I used the beach program at the beach but its just coins and sinkers and trash jewelry there right now.
I hope to also get a Deus2 ..is there a noticeable difference in depth on the 9 vs 11 inch coil

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!! Seems like it's working just as Good for Both of Us!! 😁

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s good and with updates getting even better. Haven’t touched gold or beach ( not in my region) haven’t tried park and only a little on fast. My favorite so far is sensitive FT.
I hope to also get a Deus2 ..is there a noticeable difference in depth on the 9 vs 11 inch coil
Dont know yet about the 9 inch coil, I ordered mine with the stock 11 inch coil. After time may get the 9 inch coil. I have seen numerous videos where folks recommend the 11 inch for starters

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know yet about the 9 inch coil, I ordered mine with the stock 11 inch coil. After time may get the 9 inch coil. I have seen numerous videos where folks recommend the 11 inch for starters
I will try the sensitive FT for sure. I think I replied to yours in the wrong column, sorry

DCMetal

Jun 3, 2014
Washington, DC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So great to hear! I‘ve been planning to get one. Which coil did you use?

OP
OP
Diggitdaddy

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So great to hear! I‘ve been planning to get one. Which coil did you use?
Used the stick 11 inch coil. Most of what I hunt here in Nebraska are farm fields or large areas so went with the 11 inch. I will get the 9 inch in a while, need to get a feel for it first

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread