Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you got some let's see them !! Freshwater, saltwater, brackish water. Minnows to whales. Let's see um !! Maybe we'll here a story or 2 !! Ill start with my avatar. photo-15.JPG
80+ pounder
Wahoo
And yes we all ware these terrorist face masks to protect our face from the sun in the tropics.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-247.JPG
I could not smile because I was straining with all my might to hold this 70 pounder straight out in front of me. My buddy was beting I couldn't even do it !!
Yellow fin tuna, bahamas.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Awsome !! I have had it for dinner a couple times. Mmmmmm !! Never caught one though.

I only like it deep fried and I like his cooking over everyone else's (although most of our Lake Erie buddies fry it pretty well). The cheek meat is supposed to be the best part, but I'm weird. I don't like the texture. Someone once used them in a crab cake recipe and that was pretty good.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1514638
I could not smile because I was straining with all my might to hold this 70 pounder straight out in front of me. My buddy was beting I couldn't even do it !!
Yellow fin tuna, bahamas.
Man I gotta get me some shorts like that for the next time I go hop around the lake trying to fool the fish into thinking I'm just a big frog.

Attachments

• northern_leopard_frog.jpg
    northern_leopard_frog.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,572
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are the dolphin/mahi mahi print board shorts with quick dry material and fishing plier pockets !! You can tell im very particular about my work uniform. The buff or face mask in the first pic in the thread is also mahi print. Dont tell guy harvey he'll have a leopard frog print out next spring !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1514729 hog fish!!! everyone loves these fish and it is the most popular eating fish here in the keys latley. They are extremely difficult to catch on hook and line, and most are caught as by catch in lobster traps or they are speared by spearfisherman and then brought to market. There is a local technique here called "hog doggin" . When hog doggin you fish for them underwater while snorkeling. Using a hand line you get in the water and feed the fish by hand, then hook them and wrestle them back to the boat !! Huge fun for us locals
And yes I have many pairs of mahi print shorts. They really are my work uniform. I can jump in and swim and they dry quick, and then back to fishing.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1514729 hog fish!!! everyone loves these fish and it is the most popular eating fish here in the keys latley. They are extremely difficult to catch on hook and line, and most are caught as by catch in lobster traps or they are speared by spearfisherman and then brought to market. There is a local technique here called "hog doggin" . When hog doggin you fish for them underwater while snorkeling. Using a hand line you get in the water and feed the fish by hand, then hook them and wrestle them back to the boat !! Huge fun for us locals
And yes I have many pairs of mahi print shorts. They really are my work uniform. I can jump in and swim and they dry quick, and then back to fishing.

Can't see the pic. Says it's an invalid attachment.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-601.JPG
Live action I-phone shot !! Mahi mahi/dolphin/dorado !! My personal favorite. Hard to over cook, great tasting, firm not soft, and plentiful. These are a blast to catch, and fight and leap like no other fish. They are shockingly bright with bright blues greens and yellows. It is not uncommon to catch them up to 40 or 50 pounds, and you will know it when it happens. They break tackle and beat up the boat but what fun !! I fish a lot of tournaments for these !! See he matches my mahi print shorts.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not everyone knows that texas has a treasure trove of world class large mouth bass fishing spots. Nice one. Congrats !!

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Bart. True, I've never been to the salt water, but don't have to go far for some fine fishin'.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I go down to the great state of Florida every fall for two weeks and I hire a guide for a day. We work the shallow water in the panhandle area and we located a school of bull redfish chasing baitfish near the surface. Unbelievable sight to say the least. My first cast hooked-up with this beauty. He was released to fight another day...

Redfish.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I go down to the great state of Florida every fall for two weeks and I hire a guide for a day. We work the shallow water in the panhandle area and we located a school of bull redfish chasing baitfish near the surface. Unbelievable sight to say the least. My first cast hooked-up with this beauty. He was released to fight another day...

View attachment 1514820

Beautiful !! Classic golden color in that shot, and nice spot tail. Boy they are fun to stalk in the shallows. Congrats !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-165.JPG I also commercial lobster fish when its really good and they need help or when someone no shows. It gets old and boring to me quick even though I can do it in my sleep. The same thing over and over for months. This is a great day with 1500 pounds of live spiney lobster. The price was at one of its highest that day and we got 21$ a pound. They were all shipped live all the way to china by air. Big catch big dollar day. As a treasure hunter I call it orange gold !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread