Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wascly little wabbit !! Big ole wabbit !!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol maybe the camera guy should put the camera down and help net the fish.

Didn't get a pic this morning,but,Mike went out yesterday and got a carp net.:laughing7:

Did get the sunrise.

K1024_DSCN9426.JPG

Simplex

May 5, 2020
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Nokta Simplex, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught a few the last two trips last week. didn't get pics of all them, the three in one pic was a good morning until the boo boo happened.lol i caught them in 30 minutes trolling and didn't want to stop but..

So i netted one and was trying to get it untangled from the net to reel in the next one. suddenly the fish went bezerk and jerked the hook all the way past the barb right next to the nail. and then it just kept goin bezerk and pulling it in deeper. so i sucker punched it in the head to kill it and got it out of the net. So i try to pull it out cause the other rod is bending from the other fish.

It won’t pull out so i cut the line and reel in the other fish. get both in the live well and think, man they are biting good so i tried to pull a Rambo and push the hook through cause it wasn’t pulling out. well by this time i done had it irritated and hurting. sorry, no pics of me screaming like a girl.

well crap, looks like a trip to urgent care, so i fire the boat up and make my 3 mile trip back to the dock and walk the 300 yards up a hill to the truck and back the trailer down and load the boat.

Then i drive my old self to the urgent care about 10 miles away. they get me in quick and get it done. dude stuck a needle in my finger that looked 3 feet long. hurt a little, second shot didn’t. stuff worked fast.

So then i drove my butt home and mowed the yard.

SANY5164.JPG

SANY5165.JPG

SANY5171.JPG

SANY5174.JPG

SANY5172.JPG

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Caught a few the last two trips last week. didn't get pics of all them, the three in one pic was a good morning until the boo boo happened.lol i caught them in 30 minutes trolling and didn't want to stop but..

So i netted one and was trying to get it untangled from the net to reel in the next one. suddenly the fish went bezerk and jerked the hook all the way past the barb right next to the nail. and then it just kept goin bezerk and pulling it in deeper. so i sucker punched it in the head to kill it and got it out of the net. So i try to pull it out cause the other rod is bending from the other fish.

It won’t pull out so i cut the line and reel in the other fish. get both in the live well and think, man they are biting good so i tried to pull a Rambo and push the hook through cause it wasn’t pulling out. well by this time i done had it irritated and hurting. sorry, no pics of me screaming like a girl.

Ouch! But it is funny that you scream like a girl, whereas, I cuss like a sailor when I get stuck.

We have a way ODNR guy showed Mr WD, but you still would have needed another person to do it. Regardless, whether you have help to get it out or have to go to Urgent Care, the very first thing to do is get ice on it. Besides the numbing and pain relief, it does something to the flesh that helps get the barb out. I was Mr WD's first patient. It was easy peasy.
All in all, still a good day fishing, right?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Louisiana Sportsman’s Paradise somethings you just can’t put into words and a picture. My best friend Chartres his boat and he knows right where they at

Last edited:

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a fish but here is a gator hunt I did this spring. Th as my friend Southern Camo in the pics with the gator I guided him on.

Attachments

• IMG95Apr92_7.jpg
    IMG95Apr92_7.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_Apr92_2_2.jpg
    IMG_Apr92_2_2.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG95Apr92_3_2.jpg
    IMG95Apr92_3_2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 24

Simplex

May 5, 2020
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Nokta Simplex, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh that's a monster.

gold chick

Dec 28, 2019
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saltwater fishing is fun!

Had a good day on the bay today. Two beautiful speckled seatrout (around 20 inches) and a few mangrove snapper. Caught a couple red drum but weren't legal.

20200718_161340.jpg

20200718_161432.jpg

20200718_161450.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

well crap, looks like a trip to urgent care, so i fire the boat up and make my 3 mile trip back to the dock and walk the 300 yards up a hill to the truck and back the trailer down and load the boat.

Then i drive my old self to the urgent care about 10 miles away. they get me in quick and get it done. dude stuck a needle in my finger that looked 3 feet long. hurt a little, second shot didn’t. stuff worked fast.

So then i drove my butt home and mowed the yard.

View attachment 1849354

View attachment 1849355

View attachment 1849356

View attachment 1849359

View attachment 1849361

Best fish story in a long time....and still got the lawn mowed !! Glad they got you fixed up...and nice fish !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a fish but here is a gator hunt I did this spring. Th as my friend Southern Camo in the pics with the gator I guided him on.

Holey moley....that's a monster for sure....thanks for posting that one up garscale !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Louisiana Sportsman’s Paradise somethings you just can’t put into words and a picture. My best friend Chartres his boat and he knows right where they at

One day I'll get to see that in person...my partner went out last year to Louisiana and got to fish them....I might get out there for 2021. Nice vid truth !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread