Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a good day on the bay today. Two beautiful speckled seatrout (around 20 inches) and a few mangrove snapper. Caught a couple red drum but weren't legal.

View attachment 1849896

View attachment 1849897

View attachment 1849898
Nice work gold chick !! Those mangrove snappers are the most underrated dinner fish...they are absolutely fantastic to eat !! Congrats !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go, Bart. Something a little different for the thread. 87# the guide had to lift it due to mr wds recent shoulder surgery.

View attachment 1848634

View attachment 1848636

Well I'll admit that halibut is one of my favorites....I like to try it at different restaurants....its very mild and takes on the characteristics of the chefs preparations. It can be very different from chef to chef !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys will have plenty of chances to perfect it !! Give my regards to MR WD for his efforts !!

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Louisiana Sportsman’s Paradise somethings you just can’t put into words and a picture. My best friend Chartres his boat and he knows right where they at

I used to run about 23 miles out of cocodrie to a band of islands. In mid summer there would be acres of redfish. The smaller ones ran 25 lb. The bigger.....over 50 for sure. We bowfished them a little. My brother in law shot the baa world record out there on one of those trips. 48.22lb was it back then. Do know if it still stands.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Huge Speckle Trout Saltwater Theory New Orleans La IMG_0241.jpg

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to run about 23 miles out of cocodrie to a band of islands. In mid summer there would be acres of redfish. The smaller ones ran 25 lb. The bigger.....over 50 for sure. We bowfished them a little. My brother in law shot the baa world record out there on one of those trips. 48.22lb was it back then. Do know if it still stands.

No I sure don’t man. He’s a bullred caught on the side of a road. IMG_2737.jpg

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East Texas on the gator. Few weeks ago. I have bowfished all over the area you are from. Cocodrie, grand isle, fuchon, empire, Venice. Both sides of the river. Great fishing in the marsh.

gold chick

Dec 28, 2019
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work gold chick !! Those mangrove snappers are the most underrated dinner fish...they are absolutely fantastic to eat !! Congrats !!

Yes, the mangrove snapper are just totally delicious, and there is no limit to size or how many!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy Jr. has a 60th BD tomorrow. I told him I wanted to take him fishing for his birthday. We went this am. Got to the lake at daylight hoping the changing barometric pressure would force a feed. Right away we started seeing schoolers and he caught 2 of those. A little later, he snagged this one....I told him Happy Birthday! We've been building his homestead for 2 years. First the barn, then the house and have not fished. We both needed this trip. Although I didn't catch any today, I enjoyed watching him catch. We didn't weigh it but suspect 3 1/2 to 4 lb.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 30

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy Jr. has a 60th BD tomorrow. I told him I wanted to take him fishing for his birthday. We went this am. Got to the lake at daylight hoping the changing barometric pressure would force a feed. Right away we started seeing schoolers and he caught 2 of those. A little later, he snagged this one....I told him Happy Birthday! We've been building his homestead for 2 years. First the barn, then the house and have not fished. We both needed this trip. Although I didn't catch any today, I enjoyed watching him catch. We didn't weigh it but suspect 3 1/2 to 4 lb.

Well ain’t she Sweet nice job brother

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one made his day for sure!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man....you guys are making me jealous.....I'm the guy that fishes for a living and everybody else is fishing but I'm not !! Nice work everyone...hopefully tomorrow ill go back to the office and have a pic. To post tomorrow.....I need some FISH !!
Good luck and happy hunting....whether its fish or treasure !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread