SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great fish pics and fishing stories everybody! I haven't posted any fish stuff for a while, so here's a 5 minute video (sorry) of a salmon I landed using a fly that imitates a salmon egg.
I started making my egg flies out of the tips of foam ear plugs because the yarn egg flies bounce on the bottom and usually pic up moss. The ear plug egg fly is more buoyant and stays just off the bottom when drifted behind some split shot.
If anyone wants to see how to make these egg flies, I can attach a video showing how to do it.
Funny thing about the video, my buddies and I left our landing net on the bank upstream so some guys in another boat stopped and landed the fish for me.

Here's a pic too of the egg fly made from a foam ear plug.

Foam Egg Fly.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great fish pics and fishing stories everybody! I haven't posted any fish stuff for a while, so here's a 5 minute video (sorry) of a salmon I landed using a fly that imitates a salmon egg.
I started making my egg flies out of the tips of foam ear plugs because the yarn egg flies bounce on the bottom and usually pic up moss. The ear plug egg fly is more buoyant and stays just off the bottom when drifted behind some split shot.
If anyone wants to see how to make these egg flies, I can attach a video showing how to do it.
Funny thing about the video, my buddies and I left our landing net on the bank upstream so some guys in another boat stopped and landed the fish for me.

Here's a pic too of the egg fly made from a foam ear plug.

View attachment 1992198

Nice work SD....awsome little egg fly too.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bart
What kind of shark is this ? View attachment 1992199
Well....best I can tell from the pic is south Atlantic sharp nose shark....better known as a pup shark....they only get a little bigger than that one.

I think ??

RedLeaf

Apr 13, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are fishing the fall derbies. There are 2 this year. We need to find 11# class in one and 13# class in the other at this time. This could change at any time, depending on who catches big fish. There are over 7,000 participants in one derby and over 10,000 in the other. Most people signed up for both. Um, duh, only makes sense. Anyway, we went out over the weekend, caught lots of nice fish and had a fun time. We did not find, what we needed though. Our biggest were 6.5# for him and 7.67 # for me.

View attachment 1989645
some nice Walleyes, the nicest ones in VT are usually through the ice... but nothing like that :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread