FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20211231_143127.jpg

@BennyV thank you brother for the killer hat and shirt....The-All-American-tackle-co. Check em out folks !! We had 4 mutton snappers, and 3 porgies. Caught 2 porgies on one rig....a porgy on each hook. Waiting on photos !!
20211231_113756.jpg

Seems when I catch the porgies in shallow water on the patch reefs they are great eating.....these deep water porgies were very salty/fishy tasting. I still finished them up, but they weren't that great !!

Last edited:

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you got some let's see them !! Freshwater, saltwater, brackish water. Minnows to whales. Let's see um !! Maybe we'll here a story or 2 !! Ill start with my avatar. View attachment 1514636
80+ pounder
Wahoo
And yes we all ware these terrorist face masks to protect our face from the sun in the tropics.
fishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off. Happy New Year everybody. Sorry for not posting much. The forum change and lack of free time kept me from moving about here for a while. Like rearranging the furniture in a blind man's living room.:icon_scratch:
An interesting thing happened this morning I'd like to share. To be honest, I didn't know whether to run for the camera or run for the fishing rod. I knew time was fleeting so I grabbed my cheap cell phone and took these shots. The pix aren't great but I hope you enjoy the series. I'm leaning against the rail on the balcony watching the morning wake up. One of my first things to do in the morning is go out there, cup of coffee in hand and see what's moving on the water. I have a small cove off a bigger lake that is totally on my property and from up there I have a pretty good view but I keep the woods tight around me. I'm standing there, sometimes seeing fish bust the top, listening to the turkeys talking, owls hooting, there's a couple of mammoth donkeys that live across the main lake about a mile away that get to going regularly. Love this place! Anyhoo, I'm enjoying the morning and I hear movement in the water that I couldn't see for the trees, but making enough noise to be something large. Thru the trees, I get a sight of this doe, swimming in the cove. Now I've seen deer swim before but this is a first here. I'm grabbing the cell, the doe makes it out across open water in front of me. I kept taking shots as she swam right across in front of me until she went out of sight at the back of the cove and I turned my cell cam off. About that time she changes direction, and swims out across the middle and all the way across from me before disappearing out of sight again. I took more shots of that. I don't know if they'll turn out alright or not but the magnifying feature may work. Here goes nuttin...
IMG_0301.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0303.jpg
IMG_0304.jpg
IMG_0305.jpg
IMG_0306.jpg
IMG_0307.jpg
IMG_0308.jpg
IMG_0309.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0311.jpg
IMG_0312.jpg

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah, sorry for the poor pix.
Little flip phone doesn't take great pix. The only thing of her out of the water is her head. !st pic she's in front of the small stick weed patch out in the water, 2nd pic her head is in open water in front of both those small stick weed patches...the rest of them, the only thing that let's you know she's there is her wake. The last pic shows her out a ways to the left of the small island and going thru a patch of lilly pads.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off. Happy New Year everybody. Sorry for not posting much. The forum change and lack of free time kept me from moving about here for a while. Like rearranging the furniture in a blind man's living room.:icon_scratch:
An interesting thing happened this morning I'd like to share. To be honest, I didn't know whether to run for the camera or run for the fishing rod. I knew time was fleeting so I grabbed my cheap cell phone and took these shots. The pix aren't great but I hope you enjoy the series. I'm leaning against the rail on the balcony watching the morning wake up. One of my first things to do in the morning is go out there, cup of coffee in hand and see what's moving on the water. I have a small cove off a bigger lake that is totally on my property and from up there I have a pretty good view but I keep the woods tight around me. I'm standing there, sometimes seeing fish bust the top, listening to the turkeys talking, owls hooting, there's a couple of mammoth donkeys that live across the main lake about a mile away that get to going regularly. Love this place! Anyhoo, I'm enjoying the morning and I hear movement in the water that I couldn't see for the trees, but making enough noise to be something large. Thru the trees, I get a sight of this doe, swimming in the cove. Now I've seen deer swim before but this is a first here. I'm grabbing the cell, the doe makes it out across open water in front of me. I kept taking shots as she swam right across in front of me until she went out of sight at the back of the cove and I turned my cell cam off. About that time she changes direction, and swims out across the middle and all the way across from me before disappearing out of sight again. I took more shots of that. I don't know if they'll turn out alright or not but the magnifying feature may work. Here goes nuttin... View attachment 2000329 View attachment 2000331 View attachment 2000332 View attachment 2000333 View attachment 2000334 View attachment 2000335 View attachment 2000336 View attachment 2000337 View attachment 2000338 View attachment 2000340 View attachment 2000341 View attachment 2000342
Yes...I can see her. Wow...good thing bass don't get 400 pounds....they would eat her right up !! Happy new year smallfoot !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread