Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son caught a muskie in the Great Miami. Broke the line before he could get it out of the water.

Then he caught this one.

View attachment 2018147

He’s so pumped up right now. It’s funny.

Just like the emoji WD....WOW !!....
WOOOO HOOO !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_3747.JPEG

Catching the Gummi sharks with the kids !! Wooo hooo !! Fished all day with these little monsters !! And I don't mean the sharks !!:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a long time since I caught a striper.....thats a real nice one too.....way ta go Mr. WD !!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you got some let's see them !! Freshwater, saltwater, brackish water. Minnows to whales. Let's see um !! Maybe we'll here a story or 2 !! Ill start with my avatar. View attachment 1514636
80+ pounder
Wahoo
And yes we all ware these terrorist face masks to protect our face from the sun in the tropics.
When I was a kid at scout lake in northern Ontario.

Attachments

• ECE97677-655A-43AB-97B4-C7BE6997CE04.jpeg
    ECE97677-655A-43AB-97B4-C7BE6997CE04.jpeg
    865.9 KB · Views: 27
  • EBA5445C-BBE9-42D9-A105-47254607CBE6.jpeg
    EBA5445C-BBE9-42D9-A105-47254607CBE6.jpeg
    885.2 KB · Views: 26
  • D9582342-A6A5-4274-8FD1-0FDCE2B39B4A.jpeg
    D9582342-A6A5-4274-8FD1-0FDCE2B39B4A.jpeg
    880.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 0C71C83A-BB28-46A1-A3A0-631AAE356DA8.jpeg
    0C71C83A-BB28-46A1-A3A0-631AAE356DA8.jpeg
    837 KB · Views: 29

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son caught a muskie in the Great Miami. Broke the line before he could get it out of the water.

Then he caught this one.

View attachment 2018147

He’s so pumped up right now. It’s funny.

My 4th Great Grandpa Henry Harrison Brandenburg once owned land Ohio that bordered the Great Miami River which he purchased in 1819.

7313:James Monroe, President of the United States of America,
To all to whom these presents shall come. Greetings: Know ye that Henry Brandenburgh as signee of William Ring having deposited in the General Land office a certificate of the Register of the land office at Cincinnati whereby it appears that full payment has been made for the North West quarter of Section Fifteen in Township Eleven, in Range Two, West of the Meridian Line drawn from the mouth of the Great Miami River of the lands directed to be sold at Cincinnati by the Act of Congress, entitled - An Act providing for the sale of the lands of the United States in Territory North West of the Ohio and above the mouth of the "Kentucky River" and of the acts amendatory of the same, There is granted, by the Unites States, unto the said Henry Brandenburg the quarter lot or Section of land above described: To Have and to Hold the said quarter Lot or Section of land, With the appurtenances unto the said Henry Brandenburgh, his heirs, and assigns forever, In Testimony Whereof, I have caused these Sections to be made Patent, and the seal of the General Land office to be here unto affixed. Given under my hand at the City of Washington the sixth day of May in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Nineteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the forty-third . . . .
James Monroe

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My 4th Great Grandpa Henry Harrison Brandenburg once owned land Ohio that bordered the Great Miami River which he purchased in 1819.

7313:James Monroe, President of the United States of America,
To all to whom these presents shall come. Greetings: Know ye that Henry Brandenburgh as signee of William Ring having deposited in the General Land office a certificate of the Register of the land office at Cincinnati whereby it appears that full payment has been made for the North West quarter of Section Fifteen in Township Eleven, in Range Two, West of the Meridian Line drawn from the mouth of the Great Miami River of the lands directed to be sold at Cincinnati by the Act of Congress, entitled - An Act providing for the sale of the lands of the United States in Territory North West of the Ohio and above the mouth of the "Kentucky River" and of the acts amendatory of the same, There is granted, by the Unites States, unto the said Henry Brandenburg the quarter lot or Section of land above described: To Have and to Hold the said quarter Lot or Section of land, With the appurtenances unto the said Henry Brandenburgh, his heirs, and assigns forever, In Testimony Whereof, I have caused these Sections to be made Patent, and the seal of the General Land office to be here unto affixed. Given under my hand at the City of Washington the sixth day of May in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Nineteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the forty-third . . . .
James Monroe
Yes, I had a hunch when I first seen your name that you had roots here. Lots of Brandenburg’s in the area. My mom once said that we were related to them, but I was never able to make that connection. And believe me, when I thought I could possibly be a long distance relative of yours, I tried to dig. Nadda.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I had a hunch when I first seen your name that you had roots here. Lots of Brandenburg’s in the area. My mom once said that we were related to them, but I was never able to make that connection. And believe me, when I thought I could possibly be a long distance relative of yours, I tried to dig. Nadda.
Possible somewhere back in time. My 5th Grandad Anthony had a sister Ann Nancy Brandenburg who went and married a fella named Aaron Brandenburg who wasn't known to be closely related. The whole bunch settled around Warren County Ohio it seems they being a bunch of Brandenburg’s now in the area all had a bunch of boys and girls. I found this bit about my 5th great aunt Ann Nancy B. on the find a grave site.

Ann “Nancy” <I>Brandenburg</I> Brandenburg
Photo added by Dave M

Ann “Nancy” Brandenburg Brandenburg​

BIRTH1766
Germantown, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, USA
DEATH12 Feb 1846 (aged 79–80)
Donnelsville, Clark County, Ohio, USA
BURIALOld Donnelsville Cemetery
Donnelsville, Clark County, Ohio
Ann was the daughter of Samuel Jacob and Susannah (Shuester) Brandenburg.

This story was recorded by Hazel Spencer Phillips, in her handwriting, She was the granddaughter of Mary Jane Brandenburg. Hazel was a well known Warren County Ohio historian and genealogist.

"Ann Brandenburg born 1766, married Aaron Brandenburg in Maryland. Ann Brandenburg's parents had an inn or tavern in Hagerstown Maryland. There were five daughters and five fine looking young men came in one night. Ann (or Nancy as she was called) said the tall one was the one she would wait on. She did. The young men were driving cattle thru to sell and on their return stopped again with the Brandenburg family. His name is Aaron Brandenburg. A courtship ensued in spite of the same surname and they married probably in 1783. This was a favorite story with her. (Family Tradition)"

"In the 1790 census from Frederick Co. Maryland, Samuel Brandenburg is listed: 1 free white male, 1 free white male under 16, 6 free white females (this would account for so many daughters) and the first son of Ann and Aaron was Samuel. There is no other Brandenburg listed with 5 daughters"

"In 'Early American Inns and Taverns' Elsie Lathrop: In Hagerstown, where the Cumberland Road joins Potomac Street, the walls of an old tavern remain, and the old stable-yard may be traced in the rear and 'the daughters of the host offficiate at tea and breakfast and generally wait at dinner' also 'Innskeepers in the early days were looked upon as town officials and to receive a license the applicant must be of good report, and possesed of a comfortable estate. Ann signed for the property in Alleghany Co. and moved to Ohio in 1812."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread