Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think we will be seeing the AQ, ..... not enough good feed back from the few that were sold and a very weak runtime on a poorly designed battery. After testing the AQ and a TDI SurfMaster, one might say the AQ was a TDI on steroids. The AQ was a easy 3 to 5 inches deeper.

And I did test the re-designed AQ, but have not heard a word since sending them back .... It did have a much better battery setup. 5.5 hours runtime. on 4 18650's.
20210206_122604.jpg

My Opinion, Project AQ is closed. Seen it coming so I bought a second unit. Very happy with mine.

OP
OP
S

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think we will be seeing the AQ, ..... not enough good feed back from the few that were sold and a very weak runtime on a poorly designed battery. After testing the AQ and a TDI SurfMaster, one might say the AQ was a TDI on steroids. The AQ was a easy 3 to 5 inches deeper.

And I did test the re-designed AQ, but have not heard a word since sending them back .... It did have a much better battery setup. 5.5 hours runtime. on 4 18650's.
View attachment 2054773

My Opinion, Project AQ is closed. Seen it coming so I bought a second unit. Very happy with mine.
What a great post, thanks for that buddy. Good hunting.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My advice for them is they have to change the way that they started with. Just build high power PI with GB.

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
f75se,CTX3030, , Deus ,Excal blue 800 & 1000 , Manticore , TDI BeachHunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My buddy OBN won't sell me a AQ , sold my DF , a mistake , waiting on the next Gen WP Pi , since Fisher never came through on the AQ , selling my DF to get ready for it , a huge let down , big mistake !

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy OBN won't sell me a AQ , sold my DF , a mistake , waiting on the next Gen WP Pi , since Fisher never came through on the AQ , selling my DF to get ready for it , a huge let down , big mistake !
I'll sell you mine if you really want one......

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a used AQ isn’t hard to find. With no warranty for the new guy and repairs weren’t very timely it’s something you best want to keep. A wealth of knowledge was lost with the passing of Eric Foster. IMO the whole project wasn’t done well and like Joe said … that run time was bad for beach hunters who spent serious time there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread