Fisher cz5 quicksilver

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
one of the best CZ's they ever made!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Dug an old wash basin up from about 3 feet deep once. Fella wanted to know just how much of what was in his yard. Unfortunately, it was near the river and had seen all sorts of things wash up over the last 160+ years. We had that yard looking very similar to a moonscape after a few days, but he was a curious old guy and got a big kick out of it.

Usually get average mason jar lids down to 18-20 inches with the CZ5.

I've dug lots of them. A few months ago I got several of them nested together down 12-15 inches or so. The lower ones were in remarkably good shape.

OP
OP
Mr.Jody

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Those of you who use this, what do you guys set the disc dial to? So if i put it on the tap, does that mean it only picks up tabs or rule tabs out? :-\

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
As you turn the knob on the disc you select only those target categories from that point upward on the scale. Turn it to square tab and it will onkly pick up targets from the square tab category up through the high coin category.

Depending on what and where you're hunting this may be good or bad.

I dug an 1862 IH this past summer from some sidewalk work that everyone including myself has passed up on earlier passes as we had the disc turned up just past it's read on our assortd machines.

It indicated a round tab, with a little bounce up to foil.

Scatter targets of various items on the ground and go over them with the machine and play with the disc knob to see how it works. The remember that depth and soil conditions may cause targets to read in lower categories very often.

bryguy5

May 26, 2010
Portland, OREGON
Detector(s) used
fisher CZ-5
just gotta get out and play with it. I got mine a few months back and I love it. (scored 2 silver rings so far and I don't get out as often as I would like) I usually hunt with no higher than a discriminant setting of 2 in trashy areas any higher than that and i cant get it to pick up my gold ring. like previously mentioned set out different targets and mess with the settings, best way to learn is get out and use it a lot get used to the tones, it sounds off different in all disc mode than it will with disc on. good hunting.

rws51

May 12, 2009
You got a great buy on your cz5. They usually sell for 300.00 to 400.00 depending on condition. The best way to run your cz5 is to set discrimination on zero and listen to the tones to determine what to dig. Set your sensitivity to about 5 or 6 and volume to 10 to make weak signals loud. Sweep the coil slow and listen for repeatable hightones. Dig all zinc readings as indian head pennies will be found here. You have one of the best detectors made..... learn it and it will reward you with deep old coins.
And by the way, if you decide to sell it I will gladly give you your money back for it...lol. happy hunting.

Roger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions