fisher f2????

jvance91

Jul 18, 2012
Fairmont, wv
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive been into detecting for about a year now and its time to put the ole bounty hunter in the closet and buy something halfway decent. :tongue3: the more i read the more i lean toward the f2. its been a toss up for me the last few months between the f2, ace 250, and ace 350. and from the reviews and price it looks like you really cant beat the price and quality. amazon has a f2 with a pinpointer, headphones and a few other goodies for right at 200 with free shipping. so its kinda hard to pass that up. just wanted to get a few opinions. thanks in advance guys and gals!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
For the price it's awesome. Just used my bud's, three tone, 8" concentric, light as a feather and works really well and is deep enough for regular coin shooting. In air tests on various coins it is may be an inch shy of depth vs atpro with big dd. An 11" dd coil is available for F2 (about 130 bucks).

OP
OP
jvance91

jvance91

Jul 18, 2012
Fairmont, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats not bad at all. im 99% sure im going with an f2 but im up in the air about the fisher pinpointer im not sure if i should buy the garret instead or not.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my wife an f2 and I have used it alot.....amazingly capable machine and a huge step up from the bh.the pin pointer it comes with id iffy and easily broken.an f2 with the garrett pp....pretty darn good combo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
After mding over a year with my ace 150, I switched to the f2 and I like it way more than the ace. The 4tone is much better than the ace 3 tone.
And even though manufactured by the same co. the f2 beats any bounty hunter Ive ever owned including the landstar.

OP
OP
jvance91

jvance91

Jul 18, 2012
Fairmont, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys really appreciate all the input! bigfoot thats what i thought also i believe a garrett pp is far better then the fisher model. hopefully the f2 brings me a little more luck than the bounty hunter 1100 did im curious to go back over the ground i have already hunted with the BH just to see what it didnt pick up.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can go over the same area an see what you mist
that's the best part a bout the sport only you know were you were and what you found
let us know..do the back yard again...

OP
OP
jvance91

jvance91

Jul 18, 2012
Fairmont, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will do! and my yard is pointless to detect in before our house was built my grandpa had a barn built in the exact spot where our house is when my mom was a kid. if id attempt to MD there my yard would look like swiss cheese lol

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are still probably some places on your land worth detecting. Where the laundry lines were, around flower beds and gardens, and where the kids played.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked up an F2 with two coils and a pinpointer a month or so ago. Very happy with the detector, been finding all sorts of stuff. People knock the pinpointer bundled with these but they are helpful for finding small targets and will save you some time and frustration. They will hold up as long as you don't dig with them. I use mine to check for shallow targets before I even dig a plug. I think of the pinpointer as a freebie, I think the F2 is worth every penny of the 200 bucks. When the pinpointer dies I will buy the propoint everyone here suggests with the coins I found with the freebie pinpointer.

I am a big fan of the 5" sniper coil too I have been picking coins out of a really trashy area with it. I was having trouble locating targets in that area with the bigger coil, there were signals everywhere. Good luck with your new machine I think the F2 is great for the price.

OP
OP
jvance91

jvance91

Jul 18, 2012
Fairmont, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtwizard, thanks for your input its greatly appreciated. And that's how I looked at the pinpointed cause an ace 250 is almost 300 with hardly anything. I definitely think I'm gonna like this f2 plus comes with the extra coil pinpointer cover and a differ and i like the idea of the vdi scale also.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the sniper coil is superb on that machine...once on...we left it...also she has located coins easily at 6"plus...good luck !!!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
After mding over a year with my ace 150, I switched to the f2 and I like it way more than the ace. The 4tone is much better than the ace 3 tone.
And even though manufactured by the same co. the f2 beats any bounty hunter Ive ever owned including the landstar.

bevo thanks for correcting me, of course it's a four tone machine. For some reason I thought it was a three tone. Awesome! :happy2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread