Fisher F44 Help Needed . . .

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
North East Ohio, Painesville
Detector(s) used
F44, F5, Bounty Hunter Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was using it yesterday ( My Fisher F44 ) and it was just missing things like gum wrappers, Foil even when I can see it with my naked eye laying on top of ground . It also has Lots of Chatter and False readings ! If you need more info just ask and I will explain in detail .

Its 2 days Old and I know it has to be me doing something wrong !

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine you have the Discrimination set too high or you have a faulty machine.
Marvin

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you viewed any videos on the internet regarding operating it? I have an F44 and it works really well. I usually use Artifact mode, always ground balance it where I'm hunting (the GG button), and check the sensitivity and discrimination settings. Review the owner's manual for recommended settings to start out with. Are you near overhead wires? EMI will cause it to act up too. Lastly, set up a test bed in your yard and try various coins at various depths. Put some nails, bottle caps/pull tabs, and foil in the ground too. If none of the above works, call Fisher. They're very helpful. I've dealt with Felix there, and he's great. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
VooDoo710

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called Fisher it was a faulty machine . They apologized and sent me a new machine with a few extra things gloves and a probe. The customer service was so awesome ND the not only replaced it they overnighted it directly to my door.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats your opinion on the Pinpoint button. I hate mine it seems to work about half the time if at all. I have considered sending it in for repair its really the only thing I hate. I also find the coil design somewhat difficult to determine the location to dig. I prefer to hunt in all metal mode in fields (I like to hear all the iron and dig if it jumps above 40) and jewelry in parks.

If you set the sensitivity to 2 or 3 you can get very close to school yard poles and under metal slides and I have found clad missed by other detectors.
This is now my backup detector the Tesoro is better in every way without the ID.

OP
OP
VooDoo710

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats your opinion on the Pinpoint button. I hate mine it seems to work about half the time if at all. I have considered sending it in for repair its really the only thing I hate. I also find the coil design somewhat difficult to determine the location to dig. I prefer to hunt in all metal mode in fields (I like to hear all the iron and dig if it jumps above 40) and jewelry in parks.

If you set the sensitivity to 2 or 3 you can get very close to school yard poles and under metal slides and I have found clad missed by other detectors.
This is now my backup detector the Tesoro is better in every way without the ID.

I have only had the problem that I started this post for my pinpoint button seems to work fine but I have to agree with you the coil design makes it very difficult to figure where to dig ! I run in jewelry mode a lot ! I have noticed that under park slides is very difficult to detect under. I am going to try to set sensitivity to your recommendation. Ty I wil post on if that works for me.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something else to keep in mind is the F44 is weatherproof only if your not using headphones. This was my first beginner mistake! You would think they would put that on a sticker on the screen or on the box but nope it's on like page 18 in 8 point font..

OP
OP
VooDoo710

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something else to keep in mind is the F44 is weatherproof only if your not using headphones. This was my first beginner mistake! You would think they would put that on a sticker on the screen or on the box but nope it's on like page 18 in 8 point font..

Well that's marketing ! Funny how that works right ?

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good to hear they took care of you like that, there have been problems with the membrane buttons on those machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread