Ceredox

Sep 21, 2015
MA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a, Troy Shadow X2, White's Coinmaster 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there,
I just bought a brand new Fisher F75+ like a month ago. I did some shallow water hunting with it (about a foot of water), found a few things, but then I noticed it was getting very chirpy and couldn?t really tell what was what. I took it on land and tested it out on a quarter and....nothing. Just randomly chirps and only reads when I?m like a cm away from a target. Even though the coil claims to be waterproof, I though maybe it did get wet so I checked it the next day after it dried out. Now all it does it act as if I?m sitting on a metal object all the time and has the ?siren? tone.
My question is, has anyone else heard of these coil dying so easily / quickly? I had a Fisher cz-6a before this for about 15 years and did a ton of water hunting with no issues. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of issue?

I will note, this has a limited 5 year warranty that I?m going to calll about on Monday. But I?m just trying to figure out what happened. I?m worried that even with it warranted, I?m going to miss out on an entire summer of detecting before I get it back.
Thanks!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely notify Fisher - or ask the dealer to exchange (depends on the dealer). Get a return authorization number from the service dept. 1-800-685-5050

The coils are waterproof, but it could be cracked or have a bad connector.

I've been swinging one since they first came out and I'm very happy with mine.

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the coil has a cover on it, the first thing that I would do is to remove the cover & check to make sure it's not full of black sand. Because that would make it give false signals and erratic readings.

OP
OP
C

Ceredox

Sep 21, 2015
MA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a, Troy Shadow X2, White's Coinmaster 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your input. So just an update and some closure on this....Fisher wanted me to send the entire thing in for repair but i didn't want to waste my summer waiting for it to come back. So i bought a new coil (will do the warranty in the off season and maybe sell this coil as used), and i fixed the problem. The rep told me many times that he did not think it was the coil, but low and behold....anyways, if you have this issue that i had, you may be looking at a bad coil. Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread