Fisher Gemini 3 2 box

Tnwoods

Jan 14, 2008
I can't seem to find an answer anywhere about this. So I am going to ask folks with more experience.

This detector is great - and in ideal conditions can locate metal at a 20 foot depth.

However, what I am looking for at the moment is likely under around 6' of granite.

One day I will get a positive signal - the next day same spot none - the next time I get a signal again. The weather I am sure plays a factor in this.

But my question is about granite. Would that greatly inhibit the signal?

Any answers would be appreciated! Thank you

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't respond exactly to your situation, but, EMI, mineralized pockets, and operator error can cause false signals in a 2 box. Keep in mind that most 2 box machines won't hit reliably on anything smaller than a soda can. Just to satisfy my curiousity, what make you think anything is worthwhile under 6 feet of granite, and how the heck would you get to it? Dynamite?

OP
OP
Tnwoods

Tnwoods

Jan 14, 2008
I have my suspicions.......................I think it is a granite shelf that has a cavity that has been buried with fill. Would a solid rock barrier impede the signal? I guess I will have to run some experiments using boulders...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread