cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it exist for sale? I haven't seen one around yet.

Just the limited's so far. There have been a few resold, but, the 2 year warranty is not transferable.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Non transferrable warranty doesn't say much for it.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

No problem with the non-transfer warranty, no plans on selling this baby.. Love it so much I...

Picked up a second AQ .....Limited model. Only issue I had was the short battery life.. A easy fix...also made one for the excalibur... the AQ seems to be the machine, you either love it :notworthy: or you hate it.. :BangHead:
169486293_754429221875790_115191064601903975_n.jpg

Excal battery and AQ 18650 Li-ion 4s using Samsung 3500mAh

Funny, the Excalibur is still running after 58 hours and looks like its going to get over 100+ hours, same battery on the AQ...5.5 hours. It's a battery hog!

168448614_3003731196517436_8640312710139316708_n.jpg ..... 1a.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It comes with a 2 year warranty for the original buyer, just not transferable to someone else. That was part of the deal to get it at a supposedly reduced price.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
27 gold with it last year. Not a machine for everyone but for sure it is the deepest, in the water PI made.

Yeah OBN...

First post you have made I disagree with.

My tweeked 8x is more powerful and deeper than this... Or any detector made... and has been for eons.

Correct coils / setup will pound down the depths you would shake your head at.

I will pull cans at 3 foot +.with a signal that is clear as a bell.... large items cannot escape it.

With optional larger coils / skids...

Better get real shovels and get ready for a whole lotta pain.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah OBN...

First post you have made I disagree with.

My tweeked 8x is more powerful and deeper than this... Or any detector made... and has been for eons.

Correct coils / setup will pound down the depths you would shake your head at.

I will pull cans at 3 foot +.with a signal that is clear as a bell.... large items cannot escape it.

With optional larger coils / skids...

Better get real shovels and get ready for a whole lotta pain.

I've worked on one JW Fisher machine but it had the 8 inch coil. (learned it is the 7.5) Only used it twice in the water, not real impressed. More of a machine for finding big deep targets. It was Deep but the AQ is more targeted for gold, small to large, which for me is the whole point. I was amazed at how the headphones hooked up on the control box and still worked being a very small connector. That was the reason I had the machine, to adapt the JW fisher fitting to a Excalibur. SO the guy could use all of his JW hearing devices on his excalibur. See if I can find some pictures of the operation. Found the pictures, forgot I had made a Bone phone for both also.

OBN0239.jpg .. OBN0214.jpg .. IMG_2489.JPG

I know yours maybe deeper but this is right off of the JW X8 PDF
Dremel.jpg
The 8 inch coil on the AQ nails a US Nickel at 15 inches. Where as pictured
the almost same size coil with the JW X8 is 6 inches.

If I were going for a ship wreck site, the JW Fisher would be the ticket for sure. Deeper, I will give it to you on that but deeper on what I am looking for.. No.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've worked on one JW Fisher machine but it had the 8 inch coil. (learned it is the 7.5) Only used it twice in the water, not real impressed. More of a machine for finding big deep targets. It was Deep but the AQ is more targeted for gold, small to large, which for me is the whole point. I was amazed at how the headphones hooked up on the control box and still worked being a very small connector. That was the reason I had the machine, to adapt the JW fisher fitting to a Excalibur. SO the guy could use all of his JW hearing devices on his excalibur. See if I can find some pictures of the operation. Found the pictures, forgot I had made a Bone phone for both also.

View attachment 1921069 .. View attachment 1921070 .. View attachment 1921071

I know yours maybe deeper but this is right off of the JW X8 PDF
View attachment 1921082
The 8 inch coil on the AQ nails a US Nickel at 15 inches. Where as pictured
the almost same size coil with the JW X8 is 6 inches.

If I were going for a ship wreck site, the JW Fisher would be the ticket for sure. Deeper, I will give it to you on that but deeper on what I am looking for.. No.

LOve it :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread