Fisher Pulse 8X

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a JW fisher Pulse 8X and I was having difficulty the other day. I was near an area that had some steel rail close by. Seems I adjusted the settings in the low setting to about .2. Did an air test with aluminum and it worked fine. Picking up a small piece at about 4in on low. Same day I also had a problem with my pinpointer kept chirping. Is the 8X so strong that the iron rails threw it off? My pinpointer also. I was getting ghost signals and a steady tone if i let the coil touch the ground. I have not used the detector in awhile and also ask if these get sent in for a maintenance? Any sort of calibration? Any comments on if this is one of the best commercial UW detectors? Does anyone who uses this often care to send me some tips on this detector? I operate this according to the manual but the machine was acting like it needed to be ground balanced. I paid a lot for this one. I am hoping the problem is me not the machine.

OP
OP
Joeyboots

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a JW fisher Pulse 8X and I was having difficulty the other day. I was near an area that had some steel rail close by. Seems I adjusted the settings in the low setting to about .2. Did an air test with aluminum and it worked fine. Picking up a small piece at about 4in on low. Same day I also had a problem with my pinpointer kept chirping. Is the 8X so strong that the iron rails threw it off? My pinpointer also. I was getting ghost signals and a steady tone if i let the coil touch the ground. I have not used the detector in awhile and also ask if these get sent in for a maintenance? Any sort of calibration? Any comments on if this is one of the best commercial UW detectors? Does anyone who uses this often care to send me some tips on this detector? I operate this according to the manual but the machine was acting like it needed to be ground balanced. I paid a lot for this one. I am hoping the problem is me not the machine.

75 views and not one answer? Just because it goes deep what does that mean? What about the Aqua Pulse? I can tell you right now the Tesoro Sand Shark works great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joeyboots

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I have to video me taking it apart. I want to see what 2000 dollars worth of electronics is in there. Hell my old ass Garrett Scorpion took silver out of my back yard. While all the 8X did was act like you cant ground balance. Black dirt with a lot of worms. Is it me?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread