Fishing Poles and a Purple Heart

Otis2010

Mar 4, 2022
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Nokta Makro, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger..maybe 14 or so..me and my uncle went to our local dumpster. We found some nice odd and end things, but stumbled across a purple heart, along with some medals, and letters. I cant remember what war it was from but it sure wasn't a recent one. Fast forward to a few weeks ago I scored 4 nice offshore boat fishing poles along with vintage penn 309 reels. A little dirty but they cleaned up nice and work amazingly!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_o.gif
Nice finds Otis2010. Thanks for sharing...

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger..maybe 14 or so..me and my uncle went to our local dumpster. We found some nice odd and end things, but stumbled across a purple heart, along with some medals, and letters. I cant remember what war it was from but it sure wasn't a recent one. Fast forward to a few weeks ago I scored 4 nice offshore boat fishing poles along with vintage penn 309 reels. A little dirty but they cleaned up nice and work amazingly!
I have a older 309 penn from the 70 's caught alot of coho salmon with it very good reel. Was abut 16.00$, now about $ 50.00. Happy Hunting

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooboy am I late to this party! If you're in a college or university area, you'll be finding a whole lot of amazing stuff come graduation time. I lived in Charlottesville for a while, and I found a ridiculous amount of great/valuable stuff being tossed by students and graduates leaving for the year/semester.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread