Five hours at Clearwater Beach. 👎

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the other 5 or 6 people I saw there did better than I did ! Ran into Ron Lord , and met a nice lady named Sue. All junk today. The stud earring says China 925 , so it might at least be silver. Happy Hunting !

Attachments

• 20230530_144149.jpg
    20230530_144149.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • 20230530_144125.jpg
    20230530_144125.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20230530_143803.jpg
    20230530_143803.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230530_143737.jpg
    20230530_143737.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 14

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Cocoa Beach area as well as Panama City Beach were both devoid of good targets...and this was Memorial Day weekend crowds...people by the hundreds!
I hunted Lori Wilson Park, the Hilton beach and time shares/condos right next to the Hilton...nothing but junk for the most part. My hunting buddy detected Panama City Beach...same thing.
Go figure.....That's metal detecting life.

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain. Clearwater Beach use to be sweet. Nowadays 6-12 people a day hunting. No problem, plenty of beach. One problem is the vendor that got the umbrella contract has ruined it taking up all the prime area for families. The other is all the parking is gone.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure if CB is still the home for the "rake monster"... the rake monster is the name i deemed the green machine that "combs / rakes" the sands behind main area.
I have wondered over the years how many treasures that thing has eaten.
When it was first launched I was there detecting...
You should have seen my face when i looked up from enjoying my solitude to see this thing.
I continued detecting... albeit with sick feeling in my stomach and followed it... and after some time it stopped and i approached the guy driving it.
It had kite string in it and he was removing it... i asked a bunch of questions trying to put the puzzle together but the guy and the machine were new and received ZERO info i was looking for.

LIKE....... Where do you throw the trash it picks up at.
He just pointed to a building in the distance.....
obviously......
the rake monsters lair.

Last edited:

2Peas

May 26, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure if CB is still the home for the "rake monster"... the rake monster is the name i deemed the green machine that "combs / rakes" the sands behind main area.
I have wondered over the years how many treasures that thing has eaten.
When it was first launched I was there that particular day detecting...
You should have seen my face when i looked up from enjoying my solitude to see this thing.
I continued detecting... albeit with sick feeling in my stomach and followed it... and after some time it stopped and i approached the guy driving it.
It had kite string in it and he was removing it... i asked a bunch of questions trying to put the puzzle together but the guy and the machine were new and received ZERO info i was looking for.

LIKE....... Where do you throw the trash it picks up at.
He just pointed to a building in the distance.....
obviously......
the rake monsters lair.
They have 2 rakes now and quadruple the amount of beach cabanas and tent.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked that beach for years... i see not much has changed. heh
I use to hunt that beach way back when and found a lot of stuff their, now you have people hunting at night and now you have to know the good spots to hunt.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice 🥇All the best next spin 🏆🍹🍹😎

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Its been a couple years since I been out hunting I stay close to Sarasota Venice Beaches. I just hope the tickets are plentiful Its fourth of July weekend It could be good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions