🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Flange Spacer - Antique Auto?

Warrington

Apr 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little background. I invited several detectorists to explore area around my colonial house. So far, except for a few wheat pennies, they have found about 30 pounds of iron. Largely farming relics. About 6" down, they found this. It may be important to note the house has never had steam heat. The shape immediately suggests to me some connection with the thermostat in an auto's cooling system. I think it important to note that it has a "bleed" allowing fluid to flow out of it, perhaps to a pressure or temperature gauge. It has a part number, but it is now illegible. Anyone recognize it? Flange.JPG
Flange Bleed.JPG

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a gasket/spacer that goes between a carburetor and intake manifold. Probably off a tractor or other piece of industrial equipment.

Upvote 5

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it fit on an engine thermostat housing to connect a temperature gauge. I'm with Goldie. It doesn't look that old to me. Mid to late 20th C.

Upvote 1

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably looks newer than it should because I glass beaded it. Since it was found about 6" down, I expect older.
Last summer my son lost a ring at a family reunion. I went back in March with my detector and found it - already an inch under the soil. Soil density and weather conditions can play a role in the depth of relics in top soil.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread