Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visiting family in Florida I got 5 mornings to take the CZ21 for a walk on the beach. No frozen ground, no snow, not much wind and lots of sunshine PRAISE THE LORD! My wife’s brother lives on the beach in Cape Canaveral and it is huge. Miles and miles of beach that is several hundred feet from the dunes to the water so a massive area to try and cover so you can grid small sections and try and clean up or wander around hoping for the best. I did a little of both, gridding sections that looked like they had a lot of use and wandering from promising spot to promising spot. The beach was much quieter than last time. Signals were few and far between, there weren’t even many bottle caps. I did see 2 other detectorists one morning and 3 others on another occasion. None of them stayed long.

In 20 hours of swingin the CZ21 I managed to find 186 coins with a face value of $12.47, sunglasses, a toy car, a spoon and fork, a pirate bottle opener, tweezers, an old key fob, sinkers, a socket, a tiny emblem, a carabiner, a key, 3 rings, 2 earrings, a junky pendant, foil bits, bottle caps, a couple of aluminum cans, tent pegs (for the scouts) and miscellaneous junk.

914F978A-C0C6-4261-A3E6-CFC715ADE2FD.jpeg

5BD6A35B-9A71-4A7D-8497-0666B3668115.jpeg

One of the rings is silver with a nice little amethyst. It looks very much like the one I found at the civil war bullet school about a month ago. One of the other rings is a plated kiddy ring and the other is a nice looking fashion ring with pink stones. Both earrings are silver, a medium thin hoop and a fancy stud with a pearl and tiny czs.

635FA240-E34E-4208-A9E6-B90DBA7F682E.jpeg

8F9C8C48-CAAC-4FBF-ADEC-61320249E239.jpeg

After we got home we went out to eat and when I got out of the car I looked down and found this little silver charm. It has a the monogram for M. E. M. and is dated on the back 3-22-2002. It is silver so I’ll take it. Treasure is where you find it you just have to keep your eyes open and be at the right place at the right time

1B44C5C8-040D-4289-A3F2-D6E6C9385D5C.jpeg 52802771-8D7F-41B3-BA5E-F5F55AEFE7B4.jpeg

This trip was not as productive as past trips, with fewer coins and sinkers, but the rings were nicer this time so all is good. At least I got away from the cold. I just got home and it was 14 this morning and the high will be 40. Maybe I should have stayed in Florida a little longer.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• 0BEC2BC7-4757-4762-9652-809A3A516B82.jpeg
    0BEC2BC7-4757-4762-9652-809A3A516B82.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 2C3B3913-B2DE-4C55-A396-31025982453A.jpeg
    2C3B3913-B2DE-4C55-A396-31025982453A.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 22

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visiting family in Florida I got 5 mornings to take the CZ21 for a walk on the beach. No frozen ground, no snow, not much wind and lots of sunshine PRAISE THE LORD! My wife’s brother lives on the beach in Cape Canaveral and it is huge. Miles and miles of beach that is several hundred feet from the dunes to the water so a massive area to try and cover so you can grid small sections and try and clean up or wander around hoping for the best. I did a little of both, gridding sections that looked like they had a lot of use and wandering from promising spot to promising spot. The beach was much quieter than last time. Signals were few and far between, there weren’t even many bottle caps. I did see 2 other detectorists one morning and 3 others on another occasion. None of them stayed long.

In 20 hours of swingin the CZ21 I managed to find 186 coins with a face value of $12.47, sunglasses, a toy car, a spoon and fork, a pirate bottle opener, tweezers, an old key fob, sinkers, a socket, a tiny emblem, a carabiner, a key, 3 rings, 2 earrings, a junky pendant, foil bits, bottle caps, a couple of aluminum cans, tent pegs (for the scouts) and miscellaneous junk.

View attachment 2013980

View attachment 2013977

One of the rings is silver with a nice little amethyst. It looks very much like the one I found at the civil war bullet school about a month ago. One of the other rings is a plated kiddy ring and the other is a nice looking fashion ring with pink stones. Both earrings are silver, a medium thin hoop and a fancy stud with a pearl and tiny czs.

View attachment 2013973

View attachment 2013976

After we got home we went out to eat and when I got out of the car I looked down and found this little silver charm. It has a the monogram for M. E. M. and is dated on the back 3-22-2002. It is silver so I’ll take it. Treasure is where you find it you just have to keep your eyes open and be at the right place at the right time

View attachment 2013978 View attachment 2013979

This trip was not as productive as past trips, with fewer coins and sinkers, but the rings were nicer this time so all is good. At least I got away from the cold. I just got home and it was 14 this morning and the high will be 40. Maybe I should have stayed in Florida a little longer.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The locals must not be very thorough to miss that much. I always thought there would be stiff competition but I guess not.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2013980

View attachment 2013977

View attachment 2013973

View attachment 2013976

View attachment 2013978 View attachment 2013979

cool finds and a warm beach. Nice combo to dream of for us still dealing with the bleepin' cold. Way to go and love that silver

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the ring with the purple stone! Congrats

pkr1703

Greenie
Feb 28, 2022
Nice finds! I just came back from Ft Myers a week ago and wish I would have stayed a bit longer... But thankful for the break I did have from Ohio winter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread